BOOTMGR is missing

Lynnwash

Hello I'm having an issues with my computer. It's an acer. Aspire z3101-u4062, windows 7. Well to make a long story short, I'm getting an error on my screen. It started as a few blue screens and now that dread full msg.
File:BOOTMGR is missing
press Ctrl+alt+delete
now when we got the computer we didn't get the eRecovery disk :frowning: ( or we didn't burn it) I've looked around the net and found some Instructions that I seen on here, I followed what u mentioned to yessen. I had to change it over to cd/DVD now I'm getting a different msg.

CDboot: couldn't find NTLD

File:BOOTMGR is missing
press Ctrl+alt+delete

if Anyone can give me some advice on what I can do? I'm really starting to think my hubby is right and all we have is a big paper weight ;(

Moved from a very old thread to your own for better attention - Moderator

Last edited:
I would like to have it up. Running soon looking at my small screen on my phone is driving me nuts, :grinning: would like to be looking at a bigger screen and seeing all lol

Yes we ran recovering in windows, we goes through 1-4 and on step five would be able to do half of it and then restart again and I will get the same message over and over.i did follow Terry's suggestion is to suggestion putting the image back on but it won't take. ( some other guy suggested as well) I keep telling my hubby we need to get a copy of the eRecovery Management disc. But it he just think it won't work.

I am experiencing a similar problem. I am receiving a message to insert the windows installation disc. The error is File: \Boot\BCD Status: 0xc0000098. The windows boot configuation data file does not contain a valid OS entry. I used the Easy BCD backup download loaded on a flash drive to boot the computer. My DVD/CD drive is not working. I also replaced my graphics card for gaming recently after mine failed. I have the disc to load the drivers, but I cannot use the cd/dvd drive so I made a bootable iso file for flash drive. Should I use a different format to load the graphics? I have never used the EasyBCD software before now and really don't know how to use the files. Any help would be appreciated. I read the instructions on manually repairing the boot sector. I am desperately trying to keep from losing the information on my computer. Will this overwrite anything?

Last edited:
Back