BootMGR is missing

I've scoured the web for advice on this, but I think your tool along with some help will finally fix my problem.

Background:
Several years ago, I dual booted xp and ubuntu. I never used ubuntu and needed the space, so I just formatted the drive (E). Unfortunately, I must have left the drive active.
Recently, I wiped my main drive (C) and installed Win7. Worked fine until I shut down the computer. When I tried to boot, I was presented with the "BootMGR is missing." Read some forums and did "bootrec /fixmbr" and "bootrec /fixboot" and I was able to boot. Unfortunately, next time I shut down, same problem.
Did some more digging and used bcdedit. Got this:
Code:
C:\Windows\system32>bcdedit

Windows Boot Manager
--------------------
identifier              {bootmgr}
device                  partition=E:
path                    \bootmgr
description             Windows Boot Manager
locale                  en-US
inherit                 {globalsettings}
default                 {current}
resumeobject            {b679bf5a-95c7-11de-b093-b627c04cae13}
displayorder            {current}
toolsdisplayorder       {memdiag}
timeout                 30

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier              {current}
device                  partition=C:
path                    \Windows\system32\winload.exe
description             Windows 7
locale                  en-US
inherit                 {bootloadersettings}
recoverysequence        {b679bf5c-95c7-11de-b093-b627c04cae13}
recoveryenabled         Yes
osdevice                partition=C:
systemroot              \Windows
resumeobject            {b679bf5a-95c7-11de-b093-b627c04cae13}
nx                      OptIn

C:\Windows\system32>
As you can see, my boot manager is on a different partition. I believe that this is what's causing my woes. I think that if I can get that moved to my C: drive, then I should be ok.

Can EasyBCD help me? Or am I way off here?

Every build has a new feature. You're lucky. That one was added within the last few days.
Glad it was able to do what you needed.

Speaking of that new feature, does it also copy over ntldr and mbr files used in chainloading linux, OS X, etc the user might have on the machine?

I haven't had the need to try it personally, but as I understand it, it's just moving the longhorn files.

I think it would be a good idea if its not there already. We should be considering the possibility that a user has already added other linux/OS X entries. Plus it further automates things.

Back