bootmgr not found. NO WAY OUT!!!

bhuvan

hey guys!!!
you must be pretty familiar with the famous bootmgr not found error. But my story of problem is pretty long and different.
Today morning i turned on my dell studio 15 [core i5 with 4gb ram having win 7 ultimate installed], it was booting like usual but suddenly bsod and i was shocked! a restart and with hopes i thought this time it would start! no hope again! i tried safe mode too but again bsod. I thought the win was corrupt now! I started win 7 installation, tried a system repair, but setup was not able to complete the repair, i had no other way but to reinstall the os! now when setup asked where to install the os i was shocked again! as my c drive where win was earlier installed is no more there! but d drive is still there. My most imp data which is not backed up anywhere is there in d drive. i installed win 7 successfully on it. everything was well. I ran some utility by right clicking on computer from start menu and going in to manage. There my old c drive had no label and it was no showing anything about it! i tried renaming the drive but got error saying to restart the pc as utility is not ready! i did so and WOW i am into more trouble! error bootmgr not found came. i knew few solutions.
bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

bootrec /rebuildbcd

none of these were able to help me out! one was able to detect the os well but later could not go ahead as error came saying "system cannot find path specified".
then again googled a hell and found this

del c:\boot\ /f /s
mkdir c:\Boot\
xcopy c:\windows\boot\pcat\* C:\boot\ EXCLUDE:bootmgr /E /C /Q /G /H /R /Y
xcopy c:\windows\boot\fonts\* c:\boot\Fonts\ /E /C /Q /G /H /R /Y
copy c:\windows\boot\pcat\bootmgr C:\Bootmgr
bcdedit.exe /createstore c:\boot\BCD
bcdedit.exe /create {bootmgr} /d "Windows Boot Manager"
bcdedit.exe /set {bootmgr} device partition=C:
bcdedit.exe /timeout 5
bcdedit.exe /create /d "Windows Vista" /application osloader
# You should get a message saying {ID} was created successfully. Use {ID} in future commands.
bcdedit.exe /set {ID} osdevice partition=C:
bcdedit.exe /set {ID} device partition=C:
bcdedit.exe /set {ID} path \Windows\system32\winload.exe
bcdedit.exe /displayorder {ID}
bcdedit.exe /default {ID}
bcdedit.exe /set {ID} systemroot \Windows
exit
but i stuck at create bootmgr. computer is saying "The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The system cannot find the file specified"

But operations before this step leaded to a new error rather than bootmgr not found saying "missing operating system"

in the meanwhile i tried copying bootmgr from win 7 dvd to c drive using cmd.though it is copied still no success. and the biggest thing is now when i try installing win 7 on a drive a new error arrives saying "When I attempt to install win 7 I get the following message:

windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessible and restart the installation "When I attempt to install win 7 I get the following message:

windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessible and restart the installation

error code:0xC0000005"

Now i have no way out! i cant afford to erase all the data left on my d drive which is now renamed automatically as c drive!

any help would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

Back