BSOD!!! c000021a and other prev errors...

TeachMe

HHHHEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!

ok got that out of the way.

Hello, I have been reading these forums for the past couple days anddecided it would be best to ask for help. I have a "new" laptop. Almost two months old bought it at Best Buy. its an Asus model # X83Vb-X1 it has

2.0GHz Intel Core2 Duo processor
4GB PC5300 DDR2 memory
250g HD
Running Vista 64 bit.

Ok here is my problem. A while ago I was watching a youtube vid. The battery died before I was able to plug it in. When I tried to start it up it gave me an error message. It also performed a memory dump while this was displayed then it tried to automatically restart and it was a never ending cycle unless I disabled the auto restart.

***stop: 0x00000050 (0xfffff88004 541000, 0x0000000000000001, oxfffff 80002073292, 0x0000000000000000)

I tried all the safe mode and different start up options. It didn't come with a Vista disc :lup::angry::tongueout:oint: It did however come with the recovery discs that will wipe out my HD which I don't want. I need the pics on there.

I downloaded and burned the Vista recovery disc available on this site. I chose the repair option and it all failed. It couldn't repair the start up and it couldn't restore to a previous point. I even did the memory test option.

Now it gives me the stop: c000021a {fatal system error} the initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0xc0000001 0x000100418) The system has been shut down.

I have tried the search function and only came up two results.

FYI I don't currently and didn't have anything connected to any ports at the time of failure nor did I recently install any programs, drivers, software, or any devices of any sort. Any help would be appreciated. :nerd:

Thanks

The hard shutdown seen when the battery went dead on you may have corrupted a system file. That particular stop: 0x00000050 error falls into a certain catagory of errors where this is seen during the early start up of Windows.

Between certain hardware configurations and the possible need for SP1 if not presently on review the MS information seen at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939720 If the laptop itself is seeing a problem with the memory installed or another hardware fault you would have to bring the laptop back to where you bought to be covered under the warranty since it is only 2 months old.

Try last known good configuration first from the advanced boot options menu used to access safe mode.

Persuming your windows partition is c:, access the command line from the recovery options menu and use:

Code:
sfc /offbootdir=c: /offwindir=c:\windows /scannow

to scan system files for corruption and try to repair them and:

Code:
chkdsk c: /f

to scan partition c: of the disk itself for corruption. This command well take awhile (about 2 to 3 hours).

Back