[Bug] EasyBCD Compatibility with Windows 7

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Just to have it here for verification. When adding a entry for Windows 7 using EasyBCD the startup reverts to the default Windows Vista startup instead of the new Windows 7 startup.

I have 2 installs of Win7 going right now and when i installed this copy fresh it did not create a multiboot setup for me so i used EasyBCD to add my entries back and this happened with my 2nd Win7 install.

Even though it reverted was it still possible to boot Win 7?
Point being is I'm not a private tester so I might be giving the beta a go in a few days when its released. For simplicity can it be ran in a VM?

Can you install EasyBCD in 7 and then set that as the default OS? Or doesn't it add Vista into it's own boot loader?

I used EasyBCD 2.0 which doesnt have a installer at this time.

Yes it was still possible to boot to the other OS.

What are you talking about PC Eye? I already said that i installed Windows 7 again. What would installing EasyBCD and setting it as default have to do with the bug?

The 2nd install was already default. It boots fine. The other install of Windows 7 is what is not right. It shows the Vista bootloader. I do not have Vista installed. AT ALL.

Win7 Home Premium | Win7 Ultimate | Ubuntu is my OS's now. So i dont get what Vista being added has to do with anything. It didnt add Win7 Ultimate to the Win7 HP boot loader. As i installed HP 2nd.

Just to have it here for verification. When adding a entry for Windows 7 using EasyBCD the startup reverts to the default Windows Vista startup instead of the new Windows 7 startup.

I have 2 installs of Win7 going right now and when i installed this copy fresh it did not create a multiboot setup for me so i used EasyBCD to add my entries back and this happened with my 2nd Win7 install.

I don't understand what you mean by "default Windows Vista startup" and "new Windows 7 startup"

Web

Part 2 shows how Win7 Build 7000 boots. But once i added teh entry for Win7 using EasyBCD it uses the Windows Vista startup.

Loading.png

It doesnt show the Win Logo coming together and glowing. It just shows the Bar going across the bottom. Then it goes to the login screen.

Last edited:
The first link loaded for me. Just switched the 2nd link to the correct pic from teh Vista install guide in the Wiki.

When first installing 7 here with both drives plugged in Vista was added into the 7 boot options along with XP. XP was seen under the usual "previous versions of Windows" option until removing the entry and renaming to XP. Vista could also be booted from being on a separate then.

The second install without the Vista drive plugged in resulted in not being able to add Vista into the 7 boot options at all. And 7 being the newer version couldn't be added into Vista'BCD. The thing to look at there would be the changes seen with the 7 boot loader itself which I figure CG is always looking into.

I'm working on EasyBCD 2.0 beta now, select beta testers have access.

It'll be ready when I get the time to finish it :grinning:

I already knew you were busy with the next 2.0 release still being in beta form there. I can imagine you are taking 7 into consideration with the beta being available.

I'm confident you'll have things worked out soon there. Meanwhile take a look on the HnS thread. I found one way to get the HnS tool to work on 7 despite some things that can come up on Vista at times.

Back