can this be done with EasyBCD

Can i install Vista Ultimate on external HD and then edit the Boot loader on the USB to open Vista from there, because i tried to istall vista on the HD, so it said that i could not install on USB or IEEE drives, so i took my hd of the encolser and putir on IDE and installed Vista , took out the HD put back on to the encloser and tryde to boot from USB but suddenly when splash screen pops uop it auto restarts, can this program hepl with little problem???

Hi Kornmation, welcome to NeoSmart Technologies.

Several questions:
1) Is your BIOS set to boot from the USB drive?
2) Define "Splash Screen." Is it the bootloader menu, the Windows Vista loading screen, or??

I'm sure we can take care of this nusiance :smile:

Replay

Hi Kornmation, welcome to NeoSmart Technologies.

Several questions:
1) Is your BIOS set to boot from the USB drive?
2) Define "Splash Screen." Is it the bootloader menu, the Windows Vista loading screen, or??

I'm sure we can take care of this nusiance :smile:

Yes it is and the and sorry i mean the boot screen with the progress bar
is that i dont want to overide my MBR.

OK, this is probably caused by the fact that Vista doesn't have the needed drivers loaded for the drive.

Try pressing F8 and booting in safe mode?

It seems Microsoft has purposely locked users out from installing Vista to an external drive. I doubt you'll be able to get this to work, but if you'd like to try I'd recommend first setting the USB speed in the BIOS to 1.0 (full-speed instead of Hi-Speed) and then booting in Safe Mode and seeing if you can get that far.

Back