cannot download from neosmart website

tdushane

First, thank you for this wonderful program. I have only donated $2 US so far because I am unemployed. I will be starting a job in a month, at which time I will donate more (this is for personal use).

Second, I could not download from your web page. I went to the registration page, entered my name and email address, and then pushed the button which was labelled "Download!"

When I tried this in FF and nothing happened. Note I am in Win XP SP3 - understanding this is just for downloading the installer; the program must use .bcd files which are not in XP. So the issue is strictly with downloading the installer from your web site.

I then tried the same in IE 8 and a message flashed across the top of the screen so fast I could not read it, but I saw enough to guess it was a message to click there to download the file. However, the message stayed up for less than ~ 200 msec so I couldn't click it. I then turned off every safety setting in IE 8 (I saw warning messages I'd never seen before!!), but it was to no avail. Still couldn't download.

So, I went to the Softpedia site recommended by the site IntoWindows.com, and that download worked fine.

Thought you'd want to know there *may* be something funny with your download link on the webpage for those of us who are signing up for free personal use.

Sincerely,

teddushane@hotmail.com

Terry60,
It would appear that the beta builds/program is closed at this time.
What are the qualifications to participate?
Thanks

The Beta is closed at this time cause there is currently no Beta to test. EasyBCD 2.2 is out and no further builds have been created. That is why the Beta is closed.

Anyone is free to try any Beta build (as long as they're registered)
Just subscribe to the thread and you'll be notified if and when any new build is available.

Suspected that was the reason :smile:

Addendum

Anyone is free to try any Beta build (as long as they're registered)
Just subscribe to the thread and you'll be notified if and when any new build is available.

I can do that
Thanks

I have the same problem as yourself tdushane (the other responders to your thread seem to be going completely off topic). I was trying to download IReboot.
I've tried in both IE and Firefox. With IE, I click the download button and nothing happens. In Firefox, I get a confirmation dialog to download the file but nothing happens when I click the Ok button.
I had the same problem whether I added name/email or left them blank.
Eventually I had to get the application from another web site.
Brilliant piece of software spoiled by such a pain to download.

What more can I say than I've tried it with 3 browsers and all work fine.
Are you accessing through a business network that might have some restrictions ?
You say "the same problem" c..cat but then you mention iReboot.
Do you mean that you tried to get iReboot through the useful tools options of EasyBCD, because there was a problem with a broken downloader for that specifically, but I imagine that CG has fixed that by now.
EasyBCD's download count is in the millions afaik, and if it didn't work, there would have been rather more noise than this.

Terry60
Good news, bad news
I can confirm that the downloads from the site are working :happy:
I must also report that the iReboot downloader link is still broken [did a check for updates before testing v2.2:frowning:

Hi Terry
I'm accessing the site via my home network. I do have popup, WebOfTrust and ad blockers running.
I just accessed the dowloads section of neosmart directly.
Maybe the download section just hates me and tdushane :tongueout:

Just wanted to say that I'm experiencing the same problem. In Firefox, trying to download the free version, I type in my name and email and click Download. A window pops up and I select "Save File" and nothing happens. This doesn't happen anywhere else.

Back