Cannot get EasyBCD to recognise WinPE disk

dg2013

I have the EasyBCD menu currently to recognise XP, Win 7 & 8 all on seperated HDs.

I have another external USB disk which is set up as a WinPE boot disk. This disk was made from Active @Image WinPE. It boots successfully if I hit F8 before the boot menu comes up. I have selected WinPE from the EasyBCD installation and pointed it at the correct HD but when I reboot and select that option I just get an error message with an option to select another menu item.

Can someone point me in the right direction with this please.

What's the format of the disk?

I've never seen a Active @Image WinPE initialized device. How does it do its thing?

What's the format of the disk?

I've never seen a Active @Image WinPE initialized device. How does it do its thing?

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for being late but thought I have auto notification on but seems I have not.

It is a PATA disk in a USB docking station. FAT32 format and 3.61 partition.

Can't remember now how I made except it was using the boot disk from Active @Image. I works perfectly if you hit F8 before the boot menu comes up, so there is no issue regarding the ability to boot.

I don't mean the format of the physical disk, rather the format of the PE configuration as created by Active.

I don't mean the format of the physical disk, rather the format of the PE configuration as created by Active.

Thanks, but I don't understand the question. All I know is that BIOS understands the format and boots it, so I don't understand why there should be problem in selecting it to boot.

Because EasyBCD isn't powered by magic. Things don't "just work" unless they're made to just work, and I'd need to know what Active@ does before I can tell you if or how EasyBCD works with it.

I have no idea what Active@ does so it seems there is no way forward from here, so I wil uninstall it now.

Thanks for your input.

If you ever do find out, let me know.

I have played around with this a bit more and got it to work.

Much simpler than I anticipated. From the program menu select "Add New Entry"

Then in the path find the drive and look for the ".win" file. In my case it was Boot.wim in folder "Sources".

Click new entry and that is it.

Back