Cannot load form harddisk. Insert Systemdisk and press any key.

If anymins having the same problem and it hasnt been fixed so Easy recovers in the event bootgrabber doesn't than I suppose not.

I am dual booting Vista/XP and I am getting bootgrabbe.exe crash error as well. (after i tried to clone my XP drive using norton ghost)

I used the software on the Ubuntu setup CD to partition my drive. The tutorial didn't cover very much about partitioning the drive, so I was a little confused about it. So what would I do to fix this? I don't really want to reinstall, because it would mess up my Vista and XP boots. Would removing the Linux swap partition help? I haven't used it at all...

Thank you so much for the help!
-Cory Walker

EDIT: Where is the link to Andymin's problem? I couldn't find him on the user list.

Last edited:
EDIT: Where is the link to Andymin's problem? I couldn't find him on the user list.

That is because his username is actually "andy-min" without the quotes...:wink: His thread is called "Problem dual-booting Vista and Ubuntu 8.10 with 2 drives", or something to that affect.

Cheers.

-Coolname007

cmwslw, please download and install the newest EasyBCD build. That should fix your problem :smile:
Thank you so much! It worked perfectly! The unused media card slot was an odd bug; I have no idea how you figured it out.The support here is amazing, and I must say you are a very talented programmer.

-Cory Walker

Hey Cory, thanks for the kind words. I'm really glad to hear it worked out in the end - congratulations :smile:

Welcome to the wild & wonderful world of dual-booting!

Hm, I am already using the latest version but I tried to write boot.ini and bootgrabber didnt crash...

Well, is your system booting fine now? And by the "latest version", I assume you mean EasyBCD Beta, Build 59? :wink: BTW, welcome to NST, khaled. :smile:

-Coolname007

Well, is your system booting fine now? And by the "latest version", I assume you mean EasyBCD Beta, Build 59? :wink: BTW, welcome to NST, khaled. :smile:

-Coolname007
Thanks! Yup, build 59. Vista is broken now, I believe this error:
winload_exe_vista_missing_or_corrupt.jpg

Now where's my Vista DVD :??

Back