Cannot ope swf files

When i first installed flash on my computer, there was a problem. In my frantic excitement, when i saw that i could now open "*.swf" files as standalones, i opened the Open With.. Dialog box and opened it with internet explorer or firefox. Now i cannot open them properly
i tried browsing to the "C:\windows\system32\macromed" folder to find a solutioon but i coulnt find any.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Delvin Varghese

Terry60

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member
Delvin, do you mean you've accidentally set FF as the default for swf filetype and you want to undo it ?
If so that's simply done by right clicking and "open with" again and just browse to a different flash viewer with the "default" box ticked.
If not, I'm clearly not understanding the exact nature of the problem.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Delvin, we've already answered this question in your last thread.

I directed to you to the standalone flash player, which you should have installed and associated with the swf extension.

Delvin, we've already answered this question in your last thread.

I directed to you to the standalone flash player, which you should have installed and associated with the swf extension.
sorry, computer guru, but i thought that flash media player was for flash movies and not for interactive tutorials and games. will give it a try and tell ya the answer