Can't access emachines T5062 recovery partition

jimb11

I messed up my registry and had to reformat. I went to my recovery partition but could not use it. So I used my recovery dvd but the recovery manager was missing. So I just reinstalled vista without any of the trial software that came with it. Now I don't mind not having any of that trial software on my computer but I do mind not having the recovery partition available. I thought that if I used the recovery dvd that would have restored everything but it didn't. I mean I can still see my recovery partition but the emachine recovery console is missing so I can't access it. On the dvd it shows Vista Recovered on Local D Drive which doesn't seem right. I think something got really messed up. How do I get my recovery partition back to where I can use it? In other words how do I get my computer back to it's factory settings?

I was told I rewrote the master boot record and the primary partition boot record, eliminating access to the bloatware partition and the installation routine for it.

Does anyone think EasyBCD can fix this for me?

The Vista disc cannot fix it and niether can EasyBCD. Unfortunately, once a OEM recovery partition is unbootable its just about impossible to get it back to the way it was, so keep your recovery disc handy in case you need it.

Whats the PC's OEM Jim ?
Have you ever accessed the recovery partition directly ? (i.e. not from inside Windows)
Generally there's something like an F11 as you power up that will go straight to the recovery partition, as detailed in these Sony and HP links.
Google for the equivalent information from your OEM, and see if it's still accessible.
You'll see that they also give you the opportunity to burn your own portable copy as one option.
If you can access it, take the opportunity to do just that for future safety.
If you can't, your only option is to get a portable copy from the OEM, for which they'll make a charge if you didn't bother to make your own copy when you first set the PC up.

Recovery DVD

I have a Emachines T5062 and I messed up the recovery d drive. If I restore using the dvd will that bring back the recovery d drive? If not why doesn't it because I thought the dvd would restore it back to the way it was when I bought it.

Threads Merged.

Please don't start another thread for the same problem Jim.

I replied to your original thread with a few queries, but you didn't respond.
What recovery disk are you using ?
Was it provided with the PC ?
Did you create it from the recovery partition at first setup ?
Either of those would normally provide a "restore C:\ disk" option and a "factory reset"

If you've just used someone else's Vista DVD, you'll only get the OS back, nothing else provided by your OEM.

The DVD came with the computer I didn't make it myself. The weird thing is it only installed vista nothing else. It did however install all the needed drivers for all the hardware. I feel like I have a custom builted computer instead of a store bought one. This only happened after I deleted some registry entries but I don't remember which ones. How could deleting some registry entries affect the dvd though? The dvd should still have all the factory settings and software that came with the computer but it doesn't.

I've taken a look at their website, and there's no information I can find about the recovery disk or the recovery partition.
I can only suggest you use their contact form and ask how to use the recovery disk to get your other bundled software back if there's no information in the User Manual that came with the PC.

RECOVERY AND PASSWORD

hello Terry60? I am wondering did u live in the united states before? around georgia area? becuase I got a computer as my birthday gift and it has ur name on it and said password hint is war and I know its you and I would like to know what is the password so i can recover my computer and start from there...my grandparents bought me that computer from store and u used it and u took it back to store and now we cant access to the computer so please importantly send me passwprd for my computer which I cant access it..its EMachine computer with Vista window I cant remove it we tried everything recovery and such still wont work... Thank you

I've taken a look at their website, and there's no information I can find about the recovery disk or the recovery partition.
I can only suggest you use their contact form and ask how to use the recovery disk to get your other bundled software back if there's no information in the User Manual that came with the PC.

Not me - sorry.
last time I was in the States (as a tourist) was 1980 in the South West and 1982 in the North East.
I worked with multi-million dollar computers then, but didn't own one !

Back