Can't boot into Windows Me, But can boot into Windows 7 and XP

andarrio

Windows 7 Was Installed first.

Hi,
I have Windows 7, XP, and Me on my netbook. I attempted to install Windows Me, but unfortuantly on my 1st Attempt, the "Copying Windows Files" completed, but when I return to the BCD Boot Loader, Windows 7 and XP was only there. I went to Computer Management on the Win7 Version and Set the Windows Me (FAT32/FAT) partition to ACTIVE, which terribly bricked it. So I had use my Recovery Disc to repair both XP and 7. Now I'm stucked and this time I tried again and didn't set the ME to active. I went on Easy BCD and Added Windows Me entry and restarted, but this time it said System Error, Press control + alt + del to restart. I was like uqqqhhh .. :frowning: Then I saw that it was trying to get into my C:\ so I switched it To F:\ and Copied the NST file over, and got the same error.

Somebody Please Help.
This is my favorite Operating System, and I want to see it again but don't want to use Virtual PC (Takes too long I have Two Processor Cores and It doesn't help me at all.)

Terry60

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member
Windows prior to XP, must be at the front of the HDD to boot successfully. (the ability to dual-boot, and hence to locate the OS, came with NTLDR. Previously the boot assumed everything in the boot chain would be in a fixed position). Unless you intend to move W7 and XP along to make space, your only option is to install ME at the front of a second HDD.

Last edited: