Can't download Easy USB Creator

mchldpy

Hey,
I signed up for Facecrook, liked, filled out the name and email boxes on the download page but, nada, nothing. not in the spam, not anywhere. I got plenty of FB crap already. I need EUSBC to put the rec ess for XP on USB. (NO CD)
Does anyone have any ideas to download it?
Does anyone have any idea what else might work to put the rec ess on USB for XP. If your on a x64 system and your trying to put the XP install files on a USB the only thing that works is Rufus 1.2, nothing newer. I do have se7en x32 on a VM now for Easy USB Creator.

thanks for any enlightenment,
michael

None of the things you mention are in any way required. If you just press the download link you'll get the download automatically. And then you'll be redirected to this page, which has a link right there that says "click here if your download didn't start" which is a direct link to the download:

image.png

"None of which is required"
It specifically tells you (underlined in red) "To continue your download"
The second line says (... in blue) "We want to send you the download link by email ..."
If you do one or the other, or both of those actions nothing happens.
The first is misleading. The second is very misleading since you do not get the download link by email.
Even though such Business practices may be common, they are not "in any way required."

Sat Nov 07, 2015 - 09-23-44.png

I'm sorry, there was a bug pushed to the site yesterday or the day before wherein if you actually provide a name and email you won't be taken to the download or get the email. It's now been fixed.

To address your other concerns:
You conveniently don't highlight the "You can leave it blank if you like, but we'd really like to stay in touch" field.

And the email that is normally sent but wasn't yesterday (sorry!) for posterity's sake:
Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 12.16.19 PM.png

You are correct. My apologies. Even though it was not done through convenience, it must appear as such but was not a part of my intent. I do remember reading that yesterday but, I don't think I ever tried not filling in the boxes because I genuinely wanted the application and notice of future information.
IIRC, when I first started using EasyBCD in 2007-2008 an email address was not required. I have downloaded it many times since and have never thought twice about privacy issues with my Email address and NeoSmart Technologies. If it came across as otherwise, I have no excuse and it must be a pitiful defense mechanism that I will work harder at suppressing.

thank you,
michael clyde

Michael, it's us that should thank you for bringing this issue to our attention before it affected too many people. Thank you very much for your kind and big words, and thanks for being an EasyBCD user all these years.

Cheers!

Back