Can't get access to "Save changes" button because the button is out of screen.

Hi there,
I have EasyBCD 2.4 Community Edition installed on my Windows 10 PC
I want to dual-boot WinXP and Win10 with this program. Now I have XP installed I have to put a entry for WinXP on BCD using this program.
But however I can't find a way to get access to the "Save Changes" button found under "Edit Boot Menu" option.
Here's how it looks now -
rrAjTJr.png
I have tried changing my resolution down to as lowest as possible, but still can't get there.

So... Is there anyone who can help me with this issue? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

My current resolution - 1024x600 (60Hz)
Laptop - Samsung N150P

Click and drag the top edge down till the display window reaches its smallest size, (the bottom will line up with the centre of the advanced settings button)
You can change the width in the same way.
When the Window is the size and shape you want, click Tools >Options > Display options and tick the "save Window size on exit"

Click and drag the top edge down till the display window reaches its smallest size, (the bottom will line up with the centre of the advanced settings button)
You can change the width in the same way.
When the Window is the size and shape you want, click Tools >Options > Display options and tick the "save Window size on exit"
Doesn't changes anything. Still same. Resizing from top edge down to its smallest size doesn't lines up to Advanced Settings and it doesn't shows the other buttons.

Here's a video snapshot of attempting it - bandicam 2019-01-18 17-41-20-829 - Streamable

The EasyBCD 2.4 release contains many changes to scaling and DPI awareness, unfortunately Windows XP's finesse with DPI is much like a drunk man with a jackhammer in a quiet library and things are unfortunately not always very consistent.

It took a lot of work to get EasyBCD to scale correctly by default on Windows XP with the default DPI, but that was tested before release. What version of the .NET Framework do you have installed, what SP of Windows XP is this, and what is the DPI on this machine?

The EasyBCD 2.4 release contains many changes to scaling and DPI awareness, unfortunately Windows XP's finesse with DPI is much like a drunk man with a jackhammer in a quiet library and things are unfortunately not always very consistent.

It took a lot of work to get EasyBCD to scale correctly by default on Windows XP with the default DPI, but that was tested before release. What version of the .NET Framework do you have installed, what SP of Windows XP is this, and what is the DPI on this machine?

Actually it's not Windows XP, it's running on Windows 10 and from Windows 10 with EasyBCD, I want to set boot entry for Windows XP dual boot.

Think it has most of the .Net framework installed. I still have installed 4.0/4.5 manually too. Still not fixed

nvm I have installed a older 2.3 version on EasyBCD and now it worked fine. i could press the save changes button now
A bug only for 2.4 or something?

FYI Mahmoud
Realized I hadn't tried 2.4 on W10 yet, so did my monthly switch to W10 to apply patches and while I am here have just tried EasyBCD 2.4 under build 188219.rs_prerelease.180810-1721 and sizing/scaling all works perfectly, exactly the same as in 2.3

While waiting for a reply to my separate help-request of a couple of days ago in this forum (I'm still waiting!) I happened to read this thread.

I came across an identical problem to the OP. I'm using an old-ish Acer Aspire one netbook. It has a 1024 x 600 screen. It has Win 10 installed but struggles to cope. So I installed Linux Mint 18.2, and set it up to dual boot using EasyBCD v.2.4.

Like the OP, I couldn't get the EasyBCD 'Edit Boot Menu' to fit my screen. The bottom part with the [Save Settings] button was below the bottom of the screen. No resizing or shrinking would bring it into view. So I left the Edit settings on default.

Later I booted into Linux Mint on the same little netbook. I found a similar problem with the Mint Update Manager window. I could not see, or click on, the [Help] or [OK] buttons at the bottom of the screen as they were unreachable and invisible. Again, resizing/shrinking the window didn't help.

The Mint community has the explanation and a workaround. Their Update-Manager window (in v.18.2 and up) is designed and configured higher than 600 pixels. Hence it can't/won't display fully on small screens.

Their workaround is to hold down the <Alt> key and then click-and-drag using the mouse/touchpad pointer on the window concerned. That scrolls or pulls the window up so that the necessary buttons can be seen and clicked.

I have done that with the problematic Mint Update-Manager window, and it works. I have just tried it back in Windows10 on my little computer, with EasyBCD open at the 'Edit Boot Menu' screen-window. Sadly, the <Alt> plus click-and-drag doesn't seem to work on the EasyBCD window.

So I can't offer a solution: just some clues as to what the issue seems to be, and how others have dealt with it. It's not a Windows 10, or XP or other system problem. It's that the screen-pages of certain programs (inc EasyBCD and Mint's Update Manager) are designed and configured too large to appear properly on screens as small as 1024 x 600.

Thanks, @Terry60

@tasnim_tamim I'm sorry - I don't know why I thought that was XP. The screenshot is pretty obvious. What DPI setting is your Windows 10 configured to use?
I think it's the default 100%, but I don't know how to check dpi. Can you give me a instructions.
But you have to still wait a while because I corrupted my Win10 boot and I am looking for a way to fix it.
While waiting for a reply to my separate help-request of a couple of days ago in this forum (I'm still waiting!) I happened to read this thread.

I came across an identical problem to the OP. I'm using an old-ish Acer Aspire one netbook. It has a 1024 x 600 screen. It has Win 10 installed but struggles to cope. So I installed Linux Mint 18.2, and set it up to dual boot using EasyBCD v.2.4.

Like the OP, I couldn't get the EasyBCD 'Edit Boot Menu' to fit my screen. The bottom part with the [Save Settings] button was below the bottom of the screen. No resizing or shrinking would bring it into view. So I left the Edit settings on default.

Later I booted into Linux Mint on the same little netbook. I found a similar problem with the Mint Update Manager window. I could not see, or click on, the [Help] or [OK] buttons at the bottom of the screen as they were unreachable and invisible. Again, resizing/shrinking the window didn't help.

The Mint community has the explanation and a workaround. Their Update-Manager window (in v.18.2 and up) is designed and configured higher than 600 pixels. Hence it can't/won't display fully on small screens.

Their workaround is to hold down the <Alt> key and then click-and-drag using the mouse/touchpad pointer on the window concerned. That scrolls or pulls the window up so that the necessary buttons can be seen and clicked.

I have done that with the problematic Mint Update-Manager window, and it works. I have just tried it back in Windows10 on my little computer, with EasyBCD open at the 'Edit Boot Menu' screen-window. Sadly, the <Alt> plus click-and-drag doesn't seem to work on the EasyBCD window.

So I can't offer a solution: just some clues as to what the issue seems to be, and how others have dealt with it. It's not a Windows 10, or XP or other system problem. It's that the screen-pages of certain programs (inc EasyBCD and Mint's Update Manager) are designed and configured too large to appear properly on screens as small as 1024 x 600.
Actually I think I found a issue. I think it has to do with the resolution being 1024x600. Last time I used EasyBCD 2.4, it was in Win7 which had more resolution options than 1024x600. But on Win10 I am only limited to 1024x600.

Many of the program that I used in this resolution has messed up scaling issues too. Like EasyBCD, Odin3, etc. there's no way to press buttons located below. So I think its the resolution problem itself.

Just a small follow-up point. As I understand it, the resolution (number of pixels) is determined by the size of the screen, not by whatever operating system (Win10, Win7 or Linux) you happen to be using. Operating systems allow for the display settings to be adjusted. But they cannot deliver a larger number of pixels (or a higher resolution image) than the computer screen is built to provide.

Thus on a Samsung N150P, or on the Acer Aspire One which I have, the hardware only allows a maximum of 1024 x 600 px. I'm sure that EasyBCD 2.4 displays perfectly well on a computer with a larger screen, whatever the operating system used....

Back