cant load xp after win7

cooky48

Hi to all nice to find a site full of helpful information. Hopefully you can help my problem.I have win7 already loaded on a partitioned HD,i then rebooted my computer and xp started to load from cd but i could not select were xp could be loaded so i have to switch the computer off to stop xp overwriting my win7.I dont want to load xp first due to losing my info already on win7.All help welcome.

Create a partition where you want XP to go and make sure you use the "volume label" field when defining the partition. Call it something unique and unmistakable (like XP system), then when you boot the XP CD and it asks where to install, you are in no doubt.
While you're at it, in Explorer, right click your other partition(s) and give them sensible names too.

Create a partition where you want XP to go and make sure you use the "volume label" field when defining the partition. Call it something unique and unmistakable (like XP system), then when you boot the XP CD and it asks where to install, you are in no doubt.
While you're at it, in Explorer, right click your other partition(s) and give them sensible names too.

already renamed volume label to win xp .i have win7 on c: then partitioned the drive giving win xp on i: still when i load xp disc it goes straight to loading without the option to chose whitch partion to load xp on.

Back