Can't start Windows (BCD Error?)

IceV

Hello everyone. I have been having an issue with my Windows 7 and was hoping some kind folks here could help me out

So after a BSOD that had mentioned a USB Bug Code error kept occuring for a while, my Windows 7 (64 bit, which is what my system was running) just stopped launching. I couldn't even boot into safe mode: just a blank screen.

I can't locate a windows 7 install disc and thus couldn't make a repair disc, so I downloaded one and booted from the USB. After trying to repair startup, then following these instructions Recovering the Windows Bootloader from the DVD - EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki which hasn't worked so far, I can only get to the step for creating the "bcd.temp" file and nothing after that works in either the 2nd or third solution.
I'm still getting this error: photo(1).JPG (About the BCD not being able to be launched).

I'm not sure what else to do at this point. Windows repair isn't working (I even tried burning it to a DVD), all of the DOS commands I've seen aren't working, etc.

I'm sure I've left something out here but if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated :smile:

It's seeming more and more like I just need to reinstall Windows. The problem of course is that I have no Windows 7 DVD and would rather just fix the boot issue, and ideas?

Back