Change Easy Window Switcher Hotkey

There is a big problem with the choice of [ALT]+[`] as a hotkey for window switching. [ALT]+[`] is a longstanding (decades long) default hotkey combo used for IME language/keyboard switching in CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) languages. I'm afraid to install Easy Window Switcher because it looks like it will grab the [ALT]+[`] hotkey, leaving me unable to switch languages/input methods. Can the hotkey combo be changed after installation? If so, how do I get my IME hotkey set back to it's default. Better, can the hotkey combo be changed before or during installation? Any thoughts?

Ex_Brit

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Staff member
What Neosmart software are you asking about?

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member

Ex_Brit

Staff member
OK Thx :wink:

Terry60

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member
Sorry, apologies to Tom.
I didn't even know that Neosmart software existed, hence my moving the thread to Windows support.
I'll put it back where it was.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
I've completely forgotten about the "neosmart news" section here in the forums and neglected to post in it when all these new freeware tools have been released.

Maybe I should set up some sort of script or something to automatically create a topic each time a new blog post is made.

Ex_Brit

Staff member
Good idea :wink:

Easy Window Switcher doesn't necessarily use alt+` to switch windows - it uses alt and whatever key is to the left of the 1 key on your keyboard (in the number row, not the numpad). Is that ` for you?
)
Hi, with standard swedish layout keyboard win7, my key to the left of 1 is § but switcher is not triggered by that.
By trying all keys combo I discovered that the Easy Window Switcher triggers at alt+ä with ä being the key two steps right of L key.
Really inconvenient. How can I rebind to alt+§ like it supposed to be? Can this be achieved by modifying some registry string in regEdit?