Chatroom software.

Saxon

Distinguished Member
Hey anyone know of some GOOD chat room software for a web page? I would like to avoid IRC an would like it to be easy to manage.
Or if IRC is not avoidable can anyone recommend IRC software an any how-to guides.

Are you trying to set up your own IRC network or just looking for software that makes it easy to manage and chat with others on your channel(s) on an existing one?

If you're just looking for software, mIRC is indeed the best. It contains its own scriptable engine that you can utilize to automate common tasks. 2 years back this is about all I did online in my free time. Help users with writing scripts or writing them myself. Let me know if you need any help.

Last edited:
Well, can't do live feeds in IRC, so I guess that's not an option.

Some webhosts feature website builders that allow you to easily add a chatroom to your exisiting website without requiring you to know how to code it, etc. I'm sure some searching/asking around should give you some helpful resources. I haven't done anything like that (hosting a live feed that is), so good luck and let us know how it goes :smile:

Saxon hit me up on IM sometime soon. I will talk to you about Fantastico and what they have up on there to sue for this stuff. Fantastico is provided by almost every website host. So it will be useful for you. :wink:

Back