Computer Gaming

Kahai

Distinguished Member
well i think i might have to get my other computer back, and upgrade to vista on that machine: Crysis™

(the wiki: Crysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

this wouldnt be the only reason for me to go back to vista, but i think i will be waiting, seeing as Crysis is able to play on DirectX9 XP's :smile:

---

so anyone else play games? (i know sarge makes them lol kinda, at least the graphics )

On my current machine? No way.... Anything "better" than Halo: Combat Evolved is unplayably slow..

But I've finally saved up enough money to build my next PC, just shopping for the best prices now :smile:

I think this should work:
Gigabyte P35-DQ6
GeIL 2x1GB Memory
Intel E6750 Processor
Samsung 2x500GB HD in RAID 0
nVidia 8800GTS

It's a bit more expensive than I was planning on getting, but I've been saving long enough :smile:

Oh yeah, Crysis will fly on your machine, Guru.

While I'm waiting for the new monitor (which should be in front of me in day after tomorrow, Samsung 19" Wide Screen, I don't know which model is it, but it's 5ms, that's the only thing I know so far) I was thinking about my new machine, I'm totally not sure am I going to be able to get it this year, but when Half Life 2: Episode 2 is out, I can't guarantee that I will stop my self from buying new machine :tongueout: So, this is something I would go for:

* Some AM2 Motherboard for this processor:
* AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
* 2 x 1GB RAM, not sure, maybe 800Mhz, DDR II I think
* nVidia GeForce 8600GT 256MB VRAM(256 bit, I hope I wont have to take one with 128 bit RAM :angry:), DirectX 10, Pixel Shader 4.0
* Well, for the hard drive, probably 320GB or 350 eventually, because I don't need to store something very big or for some data base or something like that, so that should be enough.

Could be better.. but oh well, life... you know. :smile:

ATM

my machine is shit! lol :frowning:

celeron 400 processor, 1.6Ghz or something
on-board-intel graphics chips is shit lol
my Ram is something i wont have to upgrade, 1 Gb of RAM
and then harddrives. my 160 should work fine, i dont have any money, so i dont get to upgrade, i only get to switch with my other one (which should be this weekend YAY :smile:

my machine i made myself is at the moment:
AMD FX2 2.6ghz
700 something RAM, i cant remember lol it has three 256 chips in it lol
ATI 6000-something graphics
60gb HD
and mother boards... Asus P2N i think lol

i want my other machien back!

my current machine has DirectX10 but intel graphics cant even play some of the little linux games lol

i was wondering when i get my other computer back, is there a way to have DirectX10 on XP

i know that version 9.x came on game CD and such but what abotu 10 so far?

3 x 256 = 768 MB of RAM :tongueout:

Dude, that graphics wont run Crysis... even if somehow run it, it will look... gross, well, good luck. :smile:

Oh yeah, Crysis will fly on your machine, Guru.

While I'm waiting for the new monitor (which should be in front of me in day after tomorrow, Samsung 19" Wide Screen, I don't know which model is it, but it's 5ms, that's the only thing I know so far) I was thinking about my new machine, I'm totally not sure am I going to be able to get it this year, but when Half Life 2: Episode 2 is out, I can't guarantee that I will stop my self from buying new machine :tongueout: So, this is something I would go for:

* Some AM2 Motherboard for this processor:
* AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
* 2 x 1GB RAM, not sure, maybe 800Mhz, DDR II I think
* nVidia GeForce 8600GT 256MB VRAM(256 bit, I hope I wont have to take one with 128 bit RAM :angry:), DirectX 10, Pixel Shader 4.0
* Well, for the hard drive, probably 320GB or 350 eventually, because I don't need to store something very big or for some data base or something like that, so that should be enough.

Could be better.. but oh well, life... you know. :smile:
Nice specs, Sarge.
Have you considered going with Intel though? I was planning on getting an AMD myself too, but at the moment it's much more cost-effective (more power for the buck) to get an Intel..... so that's what I'll be getting :smile:

Well, I'm not sure... hmm, but I'm going for AMD because I been using their processors since my first computer, so, it's just not about the money or performance, it's about nostalgia or something like that, so I could not ever take Intel processor in my life. :lup:

I dunno - IMHO that's not exactly the smartest way to go about it, because I personally don't see why I should sacrifice money or performance just so AMD's stocks go up... I don't owe them anything :smile:

Same reason I use whatever OS does the job best, I guess :wink:

But it's your choice and you'll be the one to live with it, so definitely go with whatever you're comfortable with :grinning:

Exactly. :smile:

I love AMD :grinning:
I hate ATi
I love nVidia
I hate Windows
I love GNU/Linux
I hate PC World
I love NeoSmart
I hate IE
I love Firefox

:smile:

^ lol

i know none of my hardware will run Crysis,

and i said i am too poor to upgrade, but it will be able to run on DirectX9, so i should be fine, i ran Far Cry on my old computer, not my current one, with all spec's except for RES all the way down, ran perfect lol didnt look too pretty, but i take gameplay over graphics.

thats why i wont be buying a Xbox 360 or PS3 for sometime, besides not having the money, for now they are flashy hardware with very little software to run well on there spec's. Sure it all looks pretty, but i wont be buying some next-gen console, when i can run next-gen PC at lowest settings lol

that might be weird, but i still love the little 2D games i can find <3 :smile:

however, i did just go get an application for a computer tech service job here at my university, so i will have some money soon :smile:

---

as for intel over AMD...

oh and note for surge, AMD and ATi are one company now just to tell you :smile:

intel, well if i had the money, i would get a pretty fansy processor from them:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3241539

however i dont lol , i could afford this:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3241563

but why get that when this is chipper and faster:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3273995

---

video cards:

upping to 512 mb of VRAM:

minus the game:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3244224&CatId=1826

roughly the same price:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3265898&CatId=1826
--

idk i guess its all weather or not you have had a good experience with different types of hardware, just like the software that runs on top of it. everyone different.

~~~ Current upgrade saving for: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3244227&CatId=1839 times two :smile: ~~~

Last edited:
^ lol YAY kool man

actually right now, seeing as i needed batteries, i just got my Wii working again, now i wish i had a wireless connection lol web browsering with the Wii!!! (with opera) lol :smile: its fun, but typing is annoying lol

they need to get a wireless keyboard for the Wii lol i need it

^ yep

i still need to get the new zelda lol

and yes i think ill get Resident evil too lol
its already out lol

^ yes it is at least in the US

im am refering to Resident Evil 4, the remake on to the Wii

the new resident evil , number 5, is a PS3 only i think. idk lol :smile: but Resident evil 4 was crazy goodness :smile:

I heard RE5 will be the last part of RE. But I doubt, why would they stop doing something what brings good money, but I don't know.. we'll see I guess :smile:

Back