Congrats to Terry!

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Since not many have noticed or maybe you did but wasnt sure. I will be the first to openly say it.

Congrats to you Terry for being the next Mod on NeoSmart Technologies! You have shown how good you are at the job and wish you all the best. Welcome to the team!

Yeah I didn't know whether or not a thread should be started for the announcement so I sent him a PM in congrats. Thanks Terry for all you do here everyday and once again congratulations.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Shaky start however, learning by trial and error (accent on the error) I accidentally deleted some posts from the HnS thread, attempting to move them to a new thread. (I think I've got the hang of it now for future use), so apologies are due to Coolname and another poor user I can't even name because I've removed his every post. If you're sitting out there thinking I've modded you away for some infraction.
BIG SORRY ! No personal insult intended.

hey, *I* was supposed to start this thread :tongueout: Guess I have to learn to be more punctual next time :grinning:

Congrats & good luck Terry :smile:

Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Shaky start however, learning by trial and error (accent on the error) I accidentally deleted some posts from the HnS thread, attempting to move them to a new thread. (I think I've got the hang of it now for future use), so apologies are due to Coolname and another poor user I can't even name because I've removed his every post. If you're sitting out there thinking I've modded you away for some infraction.
BIG SORRY ! No personal insult intended.

So you're the one that deleted my how-to thread? :grinning: I wasn't sure what happened, and i PMed Guru about it, who said it was an automatic script of his that deleted it...maybe he was only covering for you then! :lol: No problem...although, to be completely honest, i was worried there for a minute there that i had commited some kind of infraction on these forums, or something, and that was the reason why it got deleted! :grinning:

Conrats from me, as well. :smile: You are now the third mod on these forums, as far as i can tell! :wink: Now you can assist Guru, and Mak with their duties! :wink: Best of luck. :grinning:

Cheers! :brows:

-Coolname007

No I didn't delete your how-to thread. It was a conversation that developed out of a user editing HnS menu.lst to mutually hide Vista and XP, and gradually wandered through 3rd party apps putting stuff on the C: disk, to why my XP got installed on D:\ and grabbed the "active" flag even though it was booted from the CD, and rattled back and forth on that topic for a while, so I decided to make it a separate thread, and c*cked it up.
Your how-to thread is still there ! (Or are you talking about something else)

No I didn't delete your how-to thread. It was a conversation that developed out of a user editing HnS menu.lst to mutually hide Vista and XP, and gradually wandered through 3rd party apps putting stuff on the C: disk, to why my XP got installed on D:\ and grabbed the "active" flag even though it was booted from the CD, and rattled back and forth on that topic for a while, so I decided to make it a separate thread, and c*cked it up.
Your how-to thread is still there ! (Or are you talking about something else)

Oh..sorry! :S Perhaps I jumped to conclusions when you said you *deleted some posts*…I guess I thought that you were referring to my how-to. :ldown: But now that you mention it…yeah, I do remember posting on the HnS thread, and then later, when going back there, it being deleted! :smile: Yes, the how-to thread is back now, because Guru put it back, after PMing him about it! :wink:

Sorry for the mistake. :smile:

Cheers! :grinning:

-Coolname007

Addendum:

Since not many have noticed or maybe you did but wasnt sure. I will be the first to openly say it.

Yes, i did notice, but since it says "Super Moderator" under his name, i thought that that meant he has greater than "normal" mod powers, and so i assumed that he must have been a normal mod before, but i hadn't noticed it before...when in TOF he had been a "grey wizard" before (i think), maybe it was blue! :smile: Say...if this is the first time of him being a mod on these forums, how could he jump straight from being a grey wizard to a SUPER mod? doesn't someone have to become a normal mod first before they can become a SUPER mod??? :grinning:

Cheers! :wink:

-Coolname007

Last edited:
We all have the same mod powers. I went from white to mod just like Mak a year ago. The super tag is an accident of how Guru did it. Directly for me, and in 2 stages for Mak, leaving Mak without the super tag.
(Think of Mak as mild mannered Clark Kent with his super-powers hidden)

hey, *I* was supposed to start this thread :tongueout: Guess I have to learn to be more punctual next time :grinning:

Congrats & good luck Terry :smile:

Sorry mate. You can still start it as a official announcement.:tongueout:

I just had to say congrats to the man publicly.:wink:

I dont know about me being like Clark Kent and my powers hidden. That kinda scares even me...:??

We all have the same mod powers. I went from white to mod just like Mak a year ago. The super tag is an accident of how Guru did it. Directly for me, and in 2 stages for Mak, leaving Mak without the super tag.
(Think of Mak as mild mannered Clark Kent with his super-powers hidden)

"2 stages", eh, Mak? :smile: So what were they? Regular user to super mod, and then from super mod to just 'mod'?!!! :?? Sounds like you ran out of luck, mate... :brows:

Hahaha! :lol:

-Coolname007

Last edited:
They are just labels... it does not always define what mod groups they belong to. Like CG for example... it doesn't say hes root admin or greatest guru in the world... :smile: And labels for regular users change with the ammount of posts. It doesn't mean you keep posting til you get that title. We had a comical discussion awhile back about making the titles related to computer parts, but meh. I like "1-post wonder" and "Tumbling toddler" a lot more :smile:

Last edited:
The thing is i was promoted to Mod and Guru adjusted the User Group to do everything that is needed. Not realizing that the Super Mod group would have been exactly what he wanted for me as well.

So i was promoted to Mod and then my permissions adjusted. While Terry was just promoted to SMod to save the hassle.

So it was kinda 2 stages as i had to be edited twice to get here. While Terry was jsut once.

Either way we have the same permissions. So watch out people! :tongueout:

conrats terry
i was wondering when wed see a new rank
so basically your the first super mod congrats
any chance i can get a custom status how about.......
"dark knight"?
p.s. got the idea from mak

weird, I could have sword I sorted out the whole mod/smod thing yesterday....... fixed it again.

Back