connecting 2 computers

S

strawbarry

Does any body out there no how to connect a lap top to a desk top so I can run a virus check on the lap top? I think my lap top has a virus and I can't get it to boot up so I wanted to run a virus scan but can only do it from my desk top. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Strawbarry :tongueout:

Does any body out there no how to connect a lap top to a desk top so I can run a virus check on the lap top? I think my lap top has a virus and I can't get it to boot up so I wanted to run a virus scan but can only do it from my desk top. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Strawbarry :tongueout:

You cant even get into Safe Mode? If not then there is not much else your going to be able to do. Cause everything will require some interaction with the infected PC. You could try the System Sweeper, but the tools I use are very indepth. I have yet to try this tool and not sure if it will solve all of your issues.

I think the easiest way is to connect them using LAN and then sharing the files.

Laptop infected

If you have access to an external usb drive enclosure you could put the drive in it and access it then. Or you could try using a linux based recovery program that has been installed on a boot disk.

That's the way to network multiple working PCs.
The OP wanted to connect a broken PC physically to a working one in an attempt to fix it.

Back