Creating USB stick booter - Can't get past step 6

Everything works fine until I get to step 6 - in the iso tab the entries are grayed out and I can't change the name textbox or browse to find the iso image.

I'm doing this on a windows 10 computer and trying to create a usb boot for a windows 7 laptop which is in an eternal cycle of start up repair.

I'm tearing my hair out here, can anyone help?

Thanks xx

Thanks - that worked. Unfortunately the recovery essentials can't repair anything! It says of all the drives "The selected partition does not contain a valid Windows installation. You've either selected a data drive or the volume has been formatted and cannot be repaired. Please select a different drive to continue"

I can see my files but there is no way to get them off the computer before I do a factory reset. Was thinking maybe I could remove the hard drive and convert it into an external hard drive and copy files to another computer and then put it back and do a reset??

EasyRE is a Linux OS running some Neosmart wizzardry to auto-fix your boot (if possible).
If that's not possible, I believe it has a "recover your files" option in its starting menu, which will just use Linux equivalent of Windows Explorer to let you access your files and back them up to other media.
I haven't used it (or any form of Linux for many years), so if you need more help, EasyRE support is by email to the address which was mentioned somewhere with the download.

In the end I removed the hard drive, plugged it into an external hard drive board. I attached it to my netbook and transferred all my files over and then eventually to a proper external hard drive. Then I put the hard drive back in the laptop and reset it to factory conditions which worked. Now in the process of loading back my programmes etc. Maybe if I had a bit more pc knowledge I could have used EasyRe to its full extent, but I just couldn't see any other way to get back up and running. Anyway, thank you for your support here, it is appreciated.:innocent:

I understand that - I learned a lot over the years....mostly by trial and error because I found things often didn't work the way they were supposed to.
If you're dissatisfied with Easy RE you could apply for a refund as per: Refund Policy - NeoSmart Technologies
Unless of course you want to keep it for future possible use.

Back