Creative Audigy 4/Vista RC1....GRRRRR

Ex_Brit

Staff member
I have the line-in connected to my sound system and usually have it muted, which is easy to control in XP using the Volume sub panels.
In Vista, since RC1, there is absolutely no way to mute line-in other than yanking the jack out. I have disabled everything except microphone and speakers and it still plays! Furthermore, since disabling everything, these items no longer appear on the control panels and there is no way, as far as I can see, to add them back again.
I suspect that Creative's latest drivers aren't making the grade somehow, but without them I'd have no sound at all.

Hey Peter..

Sorry for the late reply, on the road again...

Try the kX Project drivers?

With (normal, working) drivers, all of these jacks (should) appear in the Vista Sound Control Panel, after double-clicking the sound device....

Computer Guru said:
Hey Peter..

Sorry for the late reply, on the road again...

Try the kX Project drivers?

With (normal, working) drivers, all of these jacks (should) appear in the Vista Sound Control Panel, after double-clicking the sound device....
I don't know whether it was the drivers not loading properly the first few attempts at RC-1 or me overlooking something, but I did indeed finally find the mute button plus the other items that were m.i.a.!!

Thanks. :wink:

Back