Delete/Remove .ocx ActiveX Control file (Flash.ocx)

Those of you who are impatient but would still like to read my extended story, please enjoy and giggle; those of you who are just impatient - and rightly so -, skim down to """"HERE'S THE CATCH"""". I would GREATLY appreciate any of your time to help me - THANK YOU
I recently installed Windows XP on my computer (with Windows 7 already on) with the hope to obtain the option to dual boot both Operating Systems. This endeavour was only for funzies and in hindsight was a colossal mistake. I ended up completely xxxxxx up my boot files and had to do a system recovery back to the Initial State (which thankfully wasn't that long ago). So now I'm doing fine back with Windows 7.
HERE'S THE CATCH; the system recovery removed Windows XP from the computer but kept a small, annoying remnants of the OS - that being some system files in two folders called "WINDOWS" and "WINDOWS.0" or something of the kind. So being the neat-freak that I am, I wanted to delete all the files left over (on the allocated, partitioned HDD). I was kinda successful, deleting all files and folders except the ones called "Flash.ocx" - there are two of these files in both of the main folders that I mentioned before. Originally they were in the "system32" folder and then the "Macromed" folder within that - or something like that - but I deleted those folders that contained it). So now there are two "flash.ocx" files on my HDD (not the Windows 7 one) that I can't delete no matter what I try - taking ownership and giving permissions. Does anyone have any idea HOW TO DELETE THESE .ocx (ActiveX Control) FILES. THEY ARE SO ANNOYING!!!!!
I would GREATLY appreciate any of your time to help me - THANK YOU.
I take it you have one hard drive with two partitions. One for win 7 and one for XP. You could try to format the xp partition and extend it so you would have just one partition for Win 7.

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member
Use a live Linux distro, booted from CD.
Linux doesn't give a fig for Windows permissions and ownerships.
Delete whatever you like.