Delete XP and Keep Vista / Dual boot configuration (2 Hard Drives)

sandesign

Hi to all,

I posted this topic a long time ago, but I need more information about how to remove a dual boot configuration on my laptop. It's a HP Pavilion dv8320us, with Windows XP MCE 2005 installed first. It came with two hard drives, 80 Gb each, and installed Windows Vista Home Premium in the other drive. I did this because I was worried about Vista, so I can go back to XP if anything goes wrong. After seven months of using Vista, I never had a problem, and It's performing very good
rolleyes.gif

I no longer use XP, all my programs are working great and all of them are now Vista compatible. I don't need XP anymore, so I want to recover that disc space and keep only Vista.

I downloaded and installed EasyBCD, and removed succesfully the Windows XP entry from the boot menu. Now every time I boot my laptop, It enters directly to Vista. But now I'm not so sure to format the XP drive. Is there any files that Vista needs to boot in the XP partition. If I format the drive 0 (where XP is installed), will Vista boot normally?

Thanks in advance...

Laptop specifications:

Processor: Intel Centrino Duo 1.60 Ghz
Memory: 1.5 Gb DDR2
Hard Drive: 2 x 80 Gb
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7600 - 256 Mb

Thanks in advance.

PS: sorry for my english...
blush.gif

Back