DISK BOOT FAILURE

KAMARINCHEV

DISK FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER...
OS - Windows XP
HHD - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 / 500 GB

My computer is usually working non stop, and sometimes when it beggins to lag, I'm performing restart...
This time it couldn't start... DISK FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER...
I tried all the sh*t in the BIOS setup, that I've read about, but still no success...
My OS is a pirate copy, but I doubt that the problem is being caused by that. The point is, that I don't have any BOOT CD in my pocket, and I really don't want to install a new Windows or anything else, because I have too much data saved on C tome...

Thank you in advance if you have something, that could help me!

If you don't have a Windows setup CD, can't get one, and don't want to buy a recovery CD, there's really no way of accessing the repair tools needed to fix this. Basically, if all you can access is the BIOS, there's not much you can do from there to fix the situation.

If you don't have a Windows setup CD, can't get one, and don't want to buy a recovery CD, there's really no way of accessing the repair tools needed to fix this. Basically, if all you can access is the BIOS, there's not much you can do from there to fix the situation.

I have already bought the Windows XP recovery essentials, but the software couldn't do anything, because of an error "Can't find any valid partitions" or something like that...
I had to buy a new HDD and new windows with the hope of accessing my old HDD, but still nothing and the red LED is constantly lit... I have so much of important data saved on that HDD and don't know what to do...

You can try using the testdisk tool, it's a bit hard to navigate at first, but it's beyond excellent for retrieving entire deleted or corrupted partitions.
It's available from within EasyRE at the command line or to run from within your new WIndows installation at TestDisk Download - CGSecurity

Instructions can be found here: TestDisk Step By Step - CGSecurity

Needless to say, recovery depends on the nature and extent of the original damage.

Best of luck!

Back