Download keeps re-downloading

holosophy

Hi, I have no idea where to post this question, but hope that someone will at least point me in the right direction.

I am completely new to torrents, and followed instructions to download a Vista Recovery Disk, which went smoothly and worked perfectly. Free Download Manager handled it and all seemed well - only problem is it re-downloads every day when I turn my machine on! It does this without FDM running, and I have no idea how to stop it - it just seems to go on in the background. Help, please.... what do I have to do to stop it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

This is a bug in FDM - happens to me, too.

Solution is to open FDM and delete the download from the list (even if it says stopped or completed)

Hi,

Makaveli; sorry to be dense (did I mention I am completely new to torrents), but I don't even know what you mean about "torrent application" - as already stated FDM handled it (I have no idea how) and I assume you mean same as Computer Guru that I should delete it from FDM - please clarify in "dummy speak".

Computer Guru; It's def stopped but I will delete it.

Thanks for your help.

^ hello welcome Holosphy!

Well you downloaded the .tor files, which connects your torrent program the to file to download it. (am i correct?)

you want to basically delete that file. First remove it from the que list so that your program doesnt freak out. and if you want you can just delete the .tor file, i never bothered to keep them.

Hello Kahai,

Thanks for replying. Yes, I was told to download "Vista_Recovery_Disc.iso.torrent", and I think I then pointed FDM at it, and off it went. I have now deleted the download from FDM, but I gather you're saying I can and should delete the.torrent file as well- so I will! I shall find out tomorrow a.m. whether I have succeeded in stopping further downloads....

Thanks again,

Back