Drive:Deleted Partition

Hi All,
I am a newbie to this forum, I am a silver surfer and not too knowledgeable regarding the way Vista and XP load.
I installed a dual booting O/S with XP and Vista. XP was the first to be installed and is my preferred system.
Easybcd says that my Vista is on "Drive:-Deleted Partitio". Yet when I left click "My Computer" is see my partition "F" which carries Vista and if I right click and explore the F drive my files and folders are clearly there.
When I boot up, I am offered both systems but if I try to load Vista a black screen with white text tells me:-

"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
[1] Insert Windows installation disc and restart your computer
[2] Choose your language settings and then click "next".
[3]Click "Repair your computer"
If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.
File : \Windows\System32\winload.exe
Status 0xc0000225
Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt."

Can anyone tell me what I should do to bring my Vista O/S back to working order without loosing my XP O/S?
If there is a solution other than formatting and re-installing, would you please explain what to do in easily understood layman terms.
I thank you for reading through my problem and I look forward to some kind person's assistance.

Hi Justin,
Many thanks for your advice and welcome; I believe I followed your instructions and I now have Vista loading but my XP O/S will not load and I have the same scenario if I try to load XP that I previosly had when I tried to load Vista!
If I try to load XP it now tells me:-
"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware problem etc etc and suggests I do the following to fix the proble:-
[1] Insert your Windows installation disc and restart computer.
[2] Choose language settins and then click "next".
[3] Click "Repair your computer"
If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.
File :- \NTLDR
Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt."
Any further advice as to how I can get both O/S to load when offered the choice at boot up?
I look forward to your kind assistance.
Many thanks for your kind input so far. Much appreciated.

From a happy silver surfer!!!!!!!!!

Hi Kairozamorro,

Greetings from the UK!

I think I may have used the wrong name when I posted my last message addressed to "Justin".

Anyway, I am very pleased to let you know that everything now works fine. I can dual boot into XP and Vista and all files and folders are OK.

Wonderful!

Thank you very much for your kind assistance in resolving my problem.

I must say that this forum works a treat!

Back