Dual Boot Kubuntu and Vista

stuffour

I would like to dual boot Vista and Kubuntu on my laptop but the dual boot guides I have seen on the net are not suited to how I want to do my installation mainly because of partitioning so I would like you to help me out. If you could possibly reply with a step by step guide i would be very grateful.The following problems are bugging me.
1.How do you create an extended partition and a logical partition during the installation of Vista.
2.I would like to use the EasyBCD bootloader but I am a bit confused.How do I tell Kubuntu during installation not to overwrite MBR but to install GRUB somewhere else so that I can use the EasyBCD bootloader. I am using the Kubuntu Desktop CD.

Hi,

1. You can't. You'll need to use another partition editor. Best is Acronis, free ones include Paragon and GParted.
2. During Kubuntu setup, you'll see a button called "advanced" When you click it, you get a dialog asking you to install GRUB to hd0. Change that to reflect the Ubuntu PARTITION instead of drive, so that becomes something like hd0,2

Back