Dual boot on HPLaptop with preinstalled vista is it possible??

sathish14_k

Hi,
I have a HPdv6703 laptop with preinstalled vista. When i try to install fedora 7 using the dvd, the installation procedure was entirely different and it asked me to select the installation media but i cant select. Seems a problem with my bios or the vista. I have a 160GB hard disk. Please guide me how to install fedora on my laptop.

Regards
M.Sathish Kumar

You need to re-partition your hard drive first. Which means you need to get a good partition manager like Acronis Disk Director or GParted, and use it to shrink your Vista partition, and create a new one for Fedora to use.

I have an HP Pavillion Elite M9150f PC (desktop). It has two hard drives with Vista already installed on one and the other one blank. I disconnected the Vista hard drive and put the Windows XP Pro CD in the DVD drive. It would not read it. I used EasyBCD to develop the boot loading and when I startup, it recognizes the alternate scheme but keeps on refering to C:\Windows for Win XP Pro even though I specified E:\Windows. When I boot without the first hard drive it does not recognize the Win XP Pro CD. I copied the Win XP Pro CD to E:\Windows.

Back