Dual Boot Problem After Restore

Pete491

Guys,

I just bought the the commercial version of EasyBCD hoping it could help me with my dual boot machine problem. After reading the documentation I am totally confused.

Here's the deal: I was having some problems with one of the OS's on my Win7 dual boot machine. I decided to cut my losses and restore this OS with Acronis 2014. I have done this before without problems. Everything looked good after the restore. I rebooted and got the "There has been problem insert your Win7 disk and select repair" screen after selecting the restored system. This was new. I went ahead and did this. Win7 loaded then I got photo 3.
I went into Easybcd 2.2 and see that there are two systems as there should be. I tried deleting the restored system in BCD and then adding it back in. No luck, same problem.

Not really sure about some the the advanced options in EasyBCD and am afraid of making matters worse.

Would the Win7 recovery disk automatically fix this?

I'm in really big trouble if I can't fix this.

See attached: Photo 1 Original error screen - Photo 4 Screen following Photo 1 - Photo 3 Screen after going though the repair procedure - Disk Mgr - EasyBCD.

Thanks!

Attachments

• EasyBCD-1.jpg
    EasyBCD-1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 2
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    449.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    397.4 KB · Views: 2
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    389.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Disk Mangr.jpg
    Disk Mangr.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 0
Problem solved

Guys,

I just bought the the commercial version of EasyBCD hoping it could help me with my dual boot machine problem. After reading the documentation I am totally confused.

Here's the deal: I was having some problems with one of the OS's on my Win7 dual boot machine. I decided to cut my losses and restore this OS with Acronis 2014. I have done this before without problems. Everything looked good after the restore. I rebooted and got the "There has been problem insert your Win7 disk and select repair" screen after selecting the restored system. This was new. I went ahead and did this. Win7 loaded then I got photo 3.
I went into Easybcd 2.2 and see that there are two systems as there should be. I tried deleting the restored system in BCD and then adding it back in. No luck, same problem.

Not really sure about some the the advanced options in EasyBCD and am afraid of making matters worse.

Would the Win7 recovery disk automatically fix this?

I'm in really big trouble if I can't fix this.

See attached: Photo 1 Original error screen - Photo 4 Screen following Photo 1 - Photo 3 Screen after going though the repair procedure - Disk Mgr - EasyBCD.

Thanks!

Never mind. I disconnected all of the hard drives except for the newly restored drive, rebooted and....it worked! YES!!!!!:tongueout:

Back