Dual boot Question with Vista and XP (help appreciated)

Hey Deadpixel, haven't seen you around for a while :smile:

It's perfectly safe to reinstall Vista - no harm done.

Note that Microsoft has changed the Windows Vista code so that you cannot actually reinstall Vista the way you could XP to repair a glitch or fix some missing files. If you want to "reinstall" Vista, you'll have to install it anew.

Hey Deadpixel, haven't seen you around for a while :smile:

It's perfectly safe to reinstall Vista - no harm done.

Note that Microsoft has changed the Windows Vista code so that you cannot actually reinstall Vista the way you could XP to repair a glitch or fix some missing files. If you want to "reinstall" Vista, you'll have to install it anew.

Nope reinstalling because I mnight be going 64bit.

So if I do a full reinstall, I wont need to mess with XP? Untill I get into Vista then do the EasyBCD?

Not even then. When you reinstall your old bootloader will be preserved (if you don't format your boot drive).

The XP entry will still work. Just you'll have a new one for x64 now :smile:

Not even then. When you reinstall your old bootloader will be preserved (if you don't format your boot drive).

The XP entry will still work. Just you'll have a new one for x64 now :smile:

Vista is on my 160GB hard drive. I am doing quickfat32, when I reinstall Vista, so everything will be wipped.

OK, so just install Vista x64 then install EasyBCD in it. Add a new XP entry with EasyBCD, and you should be all set :smile:

(btw, make sure to use EasyBCD 1.7)

Ok sorry to bring it up, but.

I want to try adn tri-boot, and do OSx86 i think it is.

How od I even know where to begin with that lol?

I have the SSe2 for my processor, andan Asus motherboard, but how do I install lool. And then how do I get back into Vista ot add it under EasyBCD?

Back