Dual Boot Vista and XP plus 3GB SWITCH

Hi, i kindly ask for your help with my following issue.

I have a dual Boot with Vista (installed first) and XP PRo 32 bit, i used EASYBCD to do this.

Now i want to be able to use the XP with the option of the 3GB SWITCH, which is where i need your help on how to do it in EASYBCD.

I already know how to apply the 3GB switch on a computer with only the XP installed, (and without 3rd party software: i go into -System Properties, - Advanced, -Startup and Recovery, - and then i EDIT the Boot.ini file writing the following:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional 3GB Switch" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn /3GB

So can you please explain me 3 things? :
1- How do i do the 3GB switch with EASYBCD
2- Should i run EASYBCD from VISTA or from XP? (vista was installed first)
3- Or would you recommend me that i should just load XP and do it the same procedure that i know which i explained before, editing myself the boot.ini? Will this be recognized with the duall boot? will this work?

Thanks , i appreciate your help.

unrinoceronte

1. You should just have to edit the boot.ini just like you did before. EasyBCD just adds a entry to Vista's bootloader to point it to the boot.ini. It doesnt load XP. boot.ini still does that. So do it the way you know how and it should work just fine.

2. Run EasyBCD from Vista.

3. Explained in 1. :wink:

Back