Dual boot Vista-Windows ME

Try Vista with MSE as your A/V. (it's free)
And if you need 2 Vistas on your PC, I think that's OK under the EULA.
The licence is for one PC, and backup copies are acceptable, so if one backup happens to be bootable ...?
You can't use more than one copy at a time on a single PC, and the activation on the 2nd will detect the same h/w and auto-validate, just as it would if you were to do a replacement reinstall.

Very nice!

But let me know.......yesterday I've tried to install Vista on another partition so the EULA is appeared...then I read and close the install.Now if I continue to install I must type in my Vista code (ER54Y-YUTI9-........) or I continue without this code and Vista will be autoactivated?
This start of Vista I want use without an internet connection to have a pure OS

p.s I want use Vista (new install without AV on another partition but on another HD same pc......... Work ?

Thank you

Last edited:
You'll need to put in your serial number (that tells the installer what version you've paid for), but when the auto-activation takes place, it should detect the identical h/w as when you previously installed it, and the hash will tell MS that it's still on the same machine as the last install. The activation should validate automatically.

Done, all right Vista is installed in the new partition without antivirus running, no problems with activation code.

Bye

Back