Dual boot W7 - W7

besrcons

[FONT=&quot]Hi,

I'm new to this forum.
I had a Vista System on C:\ with Vista Data on E:\. I added W7 in a dual boot on D:\ and W7 Data on G:\.
After a while I noticed that I no longer needed the Vista system, so I decided to make an image of D:\ and copy this to C:\, giving met W7 twice in dual boot. Originally it failed but with the W7 DVD I managed to get it working dual boot with the idea to delete later the W7 partition on D:\
However to my surprise now the first partition is called D:\ and the second C:\. (see Printscreen, Opstarten means in English: Boot).
What strikes me more is that there is a relationship between the current D:\ and C:\ e.g. I changed the desktop background and when I then started from the new C:\ partition, I found the same desktop! Furthermore I tried to install a program on the new D:\, but this was not possible, the error message indicating that the Windows installer was missing. Installing it on C:\ was successful.
Obviously I used EasyBCD to get it done, but could not detect where I made the mistake. Also this Printscreen is added.
Who can help me out with the following objectives:[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Make the current D:\ partition the completely independent W7 System[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Rename D:\ into C:\, probably by first renaming the current C:\ e.g. H:\[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Deleting the (new) H:\ partition (after the renaming and after a thorough check that W7 on the first partition is working fully independent).[/FONT]
TerNXj3sNFtqA00arHyICsCOMOCOgBAYbpDvM7g4zpcM9Otyjs3g7rd5Oi1dvpfUWWo97O82UFnNpUacWdaoh4v8CKXIof1uVvk8AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

X6fU6A6zV48mwDq+X1iKQ1qiBjCBkAiCzGrKotZVqnVWts6nhKrW+BkBQALGDCAYYMcDkAs0uXINx9QXNbtDsBk0uwORUI5ja4FAjDsCIAQgGmlwaixuyerRVXjwExidIlxlqygxoOWIvR+zlRkeFyVFhdKhNmNqIqRFHhQFVwdUqXZVKV6XUWP4HkR9SRcoohskAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

The problem is with your cloning software. Cloning Windows Vista/7 is not recommended - just make a clean reinstall on drive D:

Thanks for your clear advice.
As an alternative, I could just delete the first partition (D:\) and allocate the memory space to the remaing 3 partitions. Doing so, W7 remains on the third partition. How important is it to have W7 on the first partition?

Back