Dual boot Win 10 on C:\ AND D:\ with Metro bootloader, wait for user selection and no default drive

bj33813

Keeps failing for me, and have to bail myself out with easyRE. Unfortunately easyRE will only reset one hdd, so I go back to easyBCD 2.4 and try another configuration. My problem is I don't know if I need to write the MBR or reset the BCd confiuration or recreate/repair boot files. Can you show a blind man how?
Appreciate it.

Can you post a Disk Management screenshot and the contents of EasyBCD "view settings" (detailed mode)

Here are the screenshots. Note that I have not yet tried rebooting since I just redid the config this morning. I will reboot after posting and report back after I find out if it somehow works this time or if I need to use EasyRE to get booted again. I should note also that easyRE works far better than using the windows install disk or windows repair disk as I could sit there fortever before they finally start running, whereas easyRE starts after about 2 minutes! (UNSOLICITED REVIEW) LOL
Last comment is that in order to set drives without a default drive, I had to delete the C drive entry and than add it back to avoid the default setting.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    86.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    96.5 KB · Views: 5
OK, I was able to select boot, into D drive, which it did, entered password at hello screen, but as it went to open windows, all it did was show a white screen and kept blinking between white screen with windows cursor ( little blue circle), and white screen with only the tool bar showing. restarted pc and went into C drive ok, searched windows and sys32 for logs that had todays date and txt files, and only one was dberr.txt which is attached for you.

Attachments

• dberr.txt
    37.2 KB · Views: 1
Using easyReE (good value for 20 bucks) Got into D drive again, went thru computer mgmt and logs. Attached are application tab logs and system tab logs that are germane to the problem. Looks as tho the logon UI failed on D. Maybe because of the changed easyBCD ?
Funny, cause all the time I let it flash between white screens, it d/l a windows update.

Tried to upload as 7z file but guess you don't support it. Anyway, here they are.

Attachments

• application tab error 1.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 4
  • application tab information 1.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 1
  • application tab error 2.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 1
  • system tab error 1.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 2
  • system tab informaton 1.txt
    1,021 bytes · Views: 1
Geez I'm taking up all your data space. Had intended to reset both drives again with easyBCD but could not. Screenshots attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    100.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    88.7 KB · Views: 3
Are you saying there's no longer a problem ?
I noticed in some of your attachments that one of your registries is looking for E:\..
Have you installed one version as E and then subsequently tried to change it ?

Correct It's AOK. When I first booted into D, it had changed the drive names, for example made the sys reserved partion D and normal D to E , and made the F:\ ext drive H:\ etc. I changed them in disk mgmt by changing drive letter and path & its been fine since. Only thing I have to watch is docs etc it looks to the C drive. I saved the BCD in case I have a problem in future, I can bring it back.

Last edited:
Back