Dual boot Win7 & Mac - Mac took over

ATZ007

Hi,
I have Windows 7 starter and Mac OS X 10.6.6 on my Netbook (Samsung N310 KA01).

Initially everything was ok (i.e. I was able to choose which operating system on boot [see Image-3]), however recently Mac has taken over (i.e. at boot, Mac loads automaticly without giving the option to choose).

I’ve tried playing around with EasyBCD V2.0.2, without success I reinstalled Windows. After which Windows took over the boot, so I just used EasBCD and everything was ok again.

However after using Mac few time (after reinstalling Windows), Mac has again took over.

Can someone please recommend a solid solution so that I don’t have to reinstall windows again?

FYI: currently when Mac is loading (see Image-1), I can press any key which gives me the option to shoose which disk/partition to load from (see Image-2). After choosing Windows NTFS, I then get the regular option the choose which operating system (see Image-3)

Attachments

• IMAG0028.jpg
    IMAG0028.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0042-.jpg
    IMAG0042-.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 5
You don't need to re-install Windows to give Windows control over the bootloader.

That's easily done with EasyBCD | Bootloader Setup | Write MBR

That's all it takes :smile:

You don't need to re-install Windows to give Windows control over the bootloader.

That's easily done with EasyBCD | Bootloader Setup | Write MBR

That's all it takes :smile:

Tried that many time but still didn’t work so I reinstalled windows again.

Hope that same problem won’t reoccur

Do you have multiple HDDs or just one partitioned drive ?
Are you diconnecting HDDs temporarily when you install/update one or other system ?
The BIOS HDD boot sequence will automatically change if the HDD you think is your "boot" drive, is ever unavailable (and won't reset when you put it back).
It sounds like you might just be booting from the wrong HDD, hence the wrong system takes control.

Is the problem occurring after you boot up with an external HD or usb thumb drive attached, or was one attached when you installed Windows or mac?
Try to get to a point where you can duplicate the error.
Is it a genuine copy of windows or are you using a loader?
HTH.
Mike

Terry60
Only one 160GB HDD with three partitions
40GB Win 7
30GB Mac
Remaining FAT32 (I done this as FAT32 assuming that I will be able to access it from Win and Mac, unfortunately only Mac can see this partition and not Win)

Crabhunter
I have a genuine copy of Win 7 Home Premium, however as now I have a Netbook (Samsung N310) I wanted Starter edition so I’m using Loader.

I’ve installed both (Win and Mac) from USB Thumb Drive.
Only thing I’ve noticed is that two or three times it happened after I updated Mac using software update. However Google search didn’t reveal any reason why Mac may takeover boot sequence/loader.

Thanks guys for your advise/support.

Back