dual boot with preinstalled vista "error"

nilbill

hello, i bought new hp laptop with preinstalled vista. i had made partition on HD to make dual boot with xp professional using easybcd, dual booting was runing fine. Now i have formatted the XP professional partition and reinstalled xp professional.

using easybcd software i tried to dual boot again. but now i can open vista OS but when i click on windows XP professional it shows an me message as follows:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
windows boot manager
windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. choose your language settings, and then click next
3. click repair your computer

if you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.
File: \NTLDR

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please kindly advise me, thanx​

its working .... thanx

i have just downloaded the NTLDR and NTDETECT.COM

copy & paste to my xp partition D: root directory.

and i made it as hidden.
thanx a lot

Addendum:

Now that dual booting with both vista and xp are working, can i uninstall the easybcd from xp or it should be their forever for dual booting?
thanx a lot for the HELP

Last edited:
EasyBCD is just an editor for the Vista BCD so is not needed on a functioning system, just as a tool to help you fix a broken boot. But, that said, it's not very big; so unless you are very short of space it's a handy tool to keep around.

Back