Dual Booting - HP G6060EA (Drivers for XP)

Ivartyn

Hi All,
After following a previous thread on this site I was successful in dual booting my notbook (Vista & XP). Now the problem I've got is getting device drivers to install on my XP partition. I've spent the past two days searching the web for drivers. So far all the drivers I've come across don't get installed for some unknown reason. Help needed in locating the drivers needed or if anyone knows a solution to getting the XP drivers installed.

ps: I've checked the HP website and googled almost everyaspect of the drivers I need.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS

Which specific drivers do you need? We cant help unless you give us some info.

What device?
Made by who?
32 Bit or 64 Bit?

If you dont know some of this info run Belarc or something like that to get the system info needed.

Sorry about that.
The HP G6060ea notebook has an AMD processor.
Below are specs for my notebook
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 TK57 Mobile Technology
  • 2048 MB (2 x 1024 MB)
  • 160 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 5400 rpm
  • 15.4” WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen
  • NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7000M
  • Up to 336MB Total Available Graphics Memory
  • Super Multi DVD Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with Double Layer support
  • 802.11b/g WLAN
  • Webcam with integrated microphone
I need ethernet drivers (Broadcom), Video Drivers (Nvidia GeForce), pci driver(no idea), WLAN drivers, chipset drivers etc. Basically I need all the drivers to enable me get the laptop fully functional.
Hope this helps.
Thanks

Could be a different PC. :wink: They never said that they were using this Laptop to talk to us. They jsut said they needed drivers for it. Could be that they are in Vista and not XP while posting. Doesnt mean they have net access under XP. :wink:

I always jsut assume that when ethernet drivers are not isntalled that they can not connect to the net. 99% of the time it is a safe bet. Msot of the time they dual boot or haev another system that they communicate thru or download the stuff to. Personally, i store all my drivers. I have them all saved on my External for use when ever the format bug hits me. :tongueout:

Cheap trick: Point XP to the \Windows\System32 and \Windows\System32\Drivers directories on the Vista partition when it asks for a location.

Network drivers for Vista should be backwards-compatible with XP. If the driver is installed for Vista, it should be stored in that location.

Very good point. I did not think of that solution. I forgot about those tricks that we had to do during the Beta.

Thanks for all the support guys.
I'm actually using a different notebook to connect to the net. I can't connect using the HP notebook.

Addendum:

I don't have vista installed at the moment. I do have the recovery files on the recovery partition but unfortunately did not copy to DVD or CD. Is their a way I could restore Vista from the recovery partition?

Last edited:
To restore Vista from the Recovery Partition you will have to go to the HP website and see how they allow you to burn this data. Every manufacturer is different so you will have to find out how specifically HP does it.

Thanks Maka.
I realized that the recovery partition has only the file revery manager and not system recovery. Only option now available is to get the system recovery DVD from HP. I've learnt so much during the past few days I've interacted with you all.
Thanks.

hp recovery

HP - you can recover by pressing the F11 key on start up (only shows if you reflashed the bios to the newest bios.) if not F11, try F12. Next, before you add another opertaing system, burn your restore disks. If you have the anytime upgrade disc, use that for a clean Vista install if planning on a dual boot. using the recovery partition for repairs will cause the removal of the dual boot (if you restore vista, you will lose your dual boot courtesy of a low level format of the entire drive - done that a few times in my trials.)

i used Vista to identify my motherboard, then used Vista to get Nvidia's motherboard driver for XP. loaded it on XP and got to the net. Windows will not load a sound card driver, so you will need to load a generic realtek driver, as soon as that loads, it will updated to a newer version. the motherboard driver has the video card driver also, and LAN, and Wireless all on it. From there go to MicroSoft to get everything else. After the motherboard driver's are on, everything else can go live to the net.

kalasha

Back