Dual Booting Win 7 and Dos 6.22

PTMoore

I have created a 2g dos 6.22 partition at the beginning of the hard drive and the rest of the HDD is a Win 7 partition. I can boot win 7 just fine. when I try to Boot DOS it fails to start even though the DOS 6.22 worked fine before I installed Win 7. When I look at the BCD for DOS it show the /NST/AutoNeoGrub0.mbr but that file does not exist on the boot disk i.e. the 2g first partition. How do I recreate this file?

I have the computer when trying to boot DOS going to the grub prompt and can run find root which shows that dos is on hd0,0 and Win7 is on hd0,1. I then set root (hd0,0) and then run chainloader (hd0,0)/IS.SYS but the system will not boot DOS. I can list the files and see IO.SYS and MSDOS.SYS and COMMAND.COM and have verified that these files are the same as the bootable floppy.

the boot menu is pointing to a ANG0 file but it is pointing to (hd0,1) which is the Win7 partition instead of the (hd0,0) which is the DOS partition. I have deleted the DOS in easyBCD and recreated it but it still has the same problem.

Back