Dual booting (Windows Vista) and (Linux Linspire)

MicroMina

Hi there

I've already installed Vista on 1 partition and the second partition is empty and I intend to install Linux on it. I DONT want to remove vista and install Linux first as said in one of the threads, I just want to install Linux on the second partition without vista removal.
Please help me with full instructions { SIMPLE } instructions because i am a kind of amateur in computers.

Hello MicroMina, welcome to NeoSmart Technologies.

What you have to do is install Linspire normally, but when you are prompted to configure the bootloader, make sure you tell it to install it the bootsecotr of the partition you are planning on installing Linux too.

Then once the setup is over, it should boot into Vista instead of Linux. Install (if you haven't already) EasyBCD in Vista, and from the Add/Remove Entries screen, tell it to add a Linux entry with the drive and partition that you installed the bootloader to.

That's about it :smile:

thanks a lot computer guru for your reply but in EasyBCD it asks me to choose the linux type what should I choose Grub or Lilo or FreeBSD i am using linspire linux.
Also this may sound stupid but what is

"make sure you tell it to install it the bootsecotr of the partition you are planning on installing Linux too."
Thanks a lot

Back