Dualboot issues, windows 7 and xp pro sp3

vicious-monkey

ok so i'm having some trouble setting up dualboot on my machine. i currently have two hard drives fitted, one running windows 7 ultimate and the other running xp professional sp3.
i have installed easybcd 2.0beta and added the other drive entry so that when i boot up my computer both OS's are listed. however when i select XP it immediately comes up with an error screen saying something about a file NTLDR and giving the error code 0xf000000f

i am able to boot both operating systems without problem by switching boot priority in the bios settings.

i am aware that the windows 7 bootloader has compatibility issues with xp but i thought that easybcd automatically solved that issue when reinstalling the bootloader after adding the new drive entry?

i have tried setting the xp drive as the primary and using easybcd to set the windows 7 drive as the new entry but when i try to run easybcd i get an error message saying something about not detecting vista. i have installed net framework 2.0 prior to installing easybcd so i'm not sure why it won't run??

any help or advice would be much appreciated!

thanks in advance

David

Boot from W7.
Use the latest build of EasyBCD 2.0
delete the XP entry
add it again, let EasyBCD auto-configure when it offers,
don't change the drive allocation for the XP entry.

Yeap terry that worked

-I had 7up on my main partition.
-loaded XP on the new partition.
-than I had bootup problems..........the computer now just wanted to ride/load into XP at this pointy
-so no more 7up drive................
-so I rebooted 7up with the boot disk, just repairing the bootup or start up
-once back into 7up, that is when I did like you said
-Deleted XP in "edit boot menu"
-re-added XP in "Add new Entry" and hit the button "Add Entry"
-this automatically found the partition I had loaded XP on and fixed me up good as gold
-I did nothing more except checked both drives to see if they worked and YES they do,
-My drive names are different between the XP and 7up Partition, but I guess I can fix that if I was going to go anal about stuff. Not

Thank U man

-My drive names are different between the XP and 7up Partition, but I guess I can fix that if I was going to go anal about stuff. Not

Thank U man
Note that you can't change the drive letters of either the "system" or the "boot" partitions in Disk Management.

Back