DualBoot Win XP & Win7,Win 7 bootmenu not appearing & Can not detect winxp in Easybsd

Hello all,

I stuck my dear...

PLEASE HELP URGENTLY, I SPENT 8 HOURS ON YOUR SITE TO FINDOUT THE PROPER SOLUTION.. BUT CANT GET IT.. :shame:

I had windows xp and windows 7 in dual boot.
Windows xp in C:
Windows 7 in F:

but windows xp had some problem so i format it.. But now can't see menu of selecting Os when booting, It Directly boots to Windows XP.

I tried Easybcd in xp as your advise in other post but it says it cant detect windows xp. However i m on Windows xp !!!:wtf:

There is no entry in easybcd, but when i open msconfig-boot.ini it only have windows xp in registry. No Windows 7.

I have latest Beta Version...148 beta.

Here i m posing all necessary snapshot and reports.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

I have Only 1 Harddisk (SATA)
Which
C: have Windows Xp (Runing-64bit)
D: General DATA
E: Nothing (Empty)
F: Windows 7 (Installed But Not Running-64bit)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Bootgrabber.exe /tlist Report -------------------

C:\Program Files (x86)\NeoSmart Technologies\EasyBCD\bin>BootGrabber.exe /tlist

BootGrabber utility.
Copyright NeoSmart Technologies 2009-2011 <http://neosmart.net/>

D0,4,3,2,500107862016,0
P1,C:\,7,52427902464,37154041856,Yes,multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1),Yes,NTF
S
P2,F:\,7,52427934720,3583012864,Yes,multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2),No,NTFS
P0,,15,395248822272,0,Yes,,No,
P3,D:\,7,393152195584,16493182976,No,multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3),No,NTFS

P0,,5,2096594432,0,No,,No,
P4,E:\,7,2096103424,2018635776,No,multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(4),No,NTFS

C:\Program Files (x86)\NeoSmart Technologies\EasyBCD\bin>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bootgrabber.exe /bootcfg Report--------------------

C:\Program Files (x86)\NeoSmart Technologies\EasyBCD\bin>bootgrabber.exe /bootcf
g

BootGrabber utility.
Copyright NeoSmart Technologies 2009-2011 <http://neosmart.net/>

ERRR: No valid entries found, quitting.

C:\Program Files (x86)\NeoSmart Technologies\EasyBCD\bin>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entry List
1.JPG

Winxp cant detect msg
2.JPG

Computer Management Snapshot
3.JPG

You need to go under the BCD Deployment. From there you need to install the BCD. XP does NOT use the BCD as a boot utility. It uses the boot.ini file so you have to install the BCD first in order for this program to work. From there you need to then try an add an entry.

Hello Sir,
Sorry for my stupid question, But i Cant understand what you said. Under "BCD Deployment" how can i install BCD. I mean BCD is main program.. from where i will open "BCD Deployment" tab. Please describe what to do. I really want to use my dear windows 7 again.

Thanks.

Addendum:

One More thing..
For now, Windows xp particion C: is active. So when i active windows 7 partition f: then it says boot manager not found.
And when i try to reply windows 7 from working media, it says this error cant be solved by repair. (Boot manager missing error).

So again i active partition to C: - Windows xp partition.

Last edited:
BCD is not a program. EasyBCD is a program and all EasyBCD does is give you a graphical look of the BCD. The BCD is the boot loader used to boot Vista, Server 2008, Win7 and Server 2008R2. That is all the BCD is. EasyBCD is just a nice fancy way to modify it other than the way Microsoft provided.

If you look at the main screen of EasyBCD you will see the 2nd last button says BCD Deployment. Once you click on it you will see at the very top of the screen says Install BCD. I dont know how I can describe it anymore than that. It is just clicking 2 buttons. I cant make it anymore simplistic or descriptive.

http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Windows+XP

You need to read our Wiki and find out more about what the BCD is, what EasyBCD is and how it truly works. I think you are a bit confused as to this whole process. We have a wide array of topics and information that can better help you understand what we are talking about.

Dear sir,

I already used EasyBSD and tried my best. I m using the latest software of Easybsd. I also tried with "BCD Deployment" in active partition & also tried with usb pen driver. But Till when i change active partition to win 7 partition it says Bootmgr is missing. & When i m trying to repair it via Installion disk it says "Boot Manager is missing or corrupt", Repari action : File repair , Error 0x15.

However it's 2 am at night.. and i m downloading win7 64bit Recovery Disk to try once.

Please provide a solution where am i doing mistake?

Thanks..

BCD is not a program. EasyBCD is a program and all EasyBCD does is give you a graphical look of the BCD. The BCD is the boot loader used to boot Vista, Server 2008, Win7 and Server 2008R2. That is all the BCD is. EasyBCD is just a nice fancy way to modify it other than the way Microsoft provided.

If you look at the main screen of EasyBCD you will see the 2nd last button says BCD Deployment. Once you click on it you will see at the very top of the screen says Install BCD. I dont know how I can describe it anymore than that. It is just clicking 2 buttons. I cant make it anymore simplistic or descriptive.

http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Windows+XP

You need to read our Wiki and find out more about what the BCD is, what EasyBCD is and how it truly works. I think you are a bit confused as to this whole process. We have a wide array of topics and information that can better help you understand what we are talking about.

Not the top option. That's "create bootable external media" for making a flashdrive (eg) bootable, not for your HDD(s).

You need "Install the Windows Vista/7 bootloader to the MBR" in the bottom section.

Back