Dynamic (Ever Changing) Boot Order

Razor7Tech

Hello Group

It's been years since I had a dual boot setup, but I've purchased the awesome EasyBCD product and know how knowledgeable the users and admins are here--AND I've got a situation that reminds me of a dual boot setup -- so, here it goes.

I've got a custom rig with an Asus P9X79 mobo (not pro) and the BIOS version is 4608. The company that built my rig is out of business, so I'm on my own. The boot order keeps changing on its own. I've only got one boot drive, and the rest are other internal, external, or USB drives. I've gone into the BIOS to try to set the boot order to stick, but eventually it changes and I get the boot drive not found error.

It's not a huge issue--I just have to wait for the splash screen to hit F2 and then go into my boot order manually to select my boot disk--but wondered if anyone has see this before?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Stephen

The free version of RasyBCD would suit you fine. But it only reads what Windows tells it so perhaps you haven't set a default boot drive?
Install it on the drive you want to be the default drive and it ehould configure itself automatically but things can be adjusted in Edit Boot Menu and Advanced Settings.
Use iReboot as a quick way to switch between systems by installing that on all Windows drives.

Back