Easy bcd doesnt load up

danra2

During the middle of installation it states that nst downloader has stopped working, and when i start the program is states that there is an error and to press continue to ignore and quit to exit out. I recently updated my vista to sp2, but when I was on sp1 easy bcd still woudlnt work because it told me to instlal .net framework, however it was already installed.

Addendum:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The configuration section 'connectionStrings' has an unexpected declaration.
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.get_ConnectionStrings()
at System.Configuration.PrivilegedConfigurationManager.get_ConnectionStrings()
at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at EasyBCD.My.MySettings.get_WindowHeight()
at ..()
at ..(Object , EventArgs )
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
EasyBCD
Assembly Version: 1.7.2.7
Win32 Version: 1.7.2.7
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/NeoSmart%20Technologies/EasyBCD/EasyBCD.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Last edited:
swfrweew.jpg

Did you reinstall without checking the TweakVI button?

Does the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name Here\Application Data\Local\NeoSmart_Technologies exist on your PC?

If so, delete it.

I dont have it.... I had xp as a dual boot in the past, but I got rid of it in hopes that it would fix my vista black screen of death but now I cant seem to get xp back. The bcd program keeps getting errors. I had .netframework installed, but it kept saying i didnt.

No I do not have that folder in my local files. I installed vista bootpro to get back my bootloader, so now my xp partion can be highlighted, however when I pressed enter it fails to boot saying no ntldrs or something of that sorta, also when I put in my xp cd it says that the computer does not have any hardrive connected to it.

I dont have it.... I had xp as a dual boot in the past, but I got rid of it in hopes that it would fix my vista black screen of death but now I cant seem to get xp back. The bcd program keeps getting errors. I had .netframework installed, but it kept saying i didnt.

No I do not have that folder in my local files. I installed vista bootpro to get back my bootloader, so now my xp partion can be highlighted, however when I pressed enter it fails to boot saying no ntldrs or something of that sorta,
You said you didn't have XP...
Did you reinstall it? What does the phrase "so now my xp partition can be highlighted, however when I pressed enter..." mean? :wtf: Did you add an XP entry to your BCD with Vistabootpro even though you don't have XP? :brows: Or perhaps you have XP, just can't boot it, due to limitations in the VBP software...>.<
Lol..
Boot the Vista dvd, run Startup Repair 2-3 times to fix everything, and your Vista boot will be working again.
also when I put in my xp cd it says that the computer does not have any hardrive connected to it.
What says this? The XP setup program? I don't recall ever getting that kind of message from it before...
Did you make sure to put the CD/DVD drive first in the boot sequence in the BIOS, before inserting the XP CD, and did you make sure to press a key when getting the message "Press any key to boot from CD"...?

Last edited:
VistaBootPRO isn't capable of automatically configuring a dual-boot between Windows 7 and Windows XP.

Let me correct myself, I never got rid of my XP partition. It is still installed on my drive F. However, I did get rid of the bootloader entry that enabled me to boot into it. I used vistapro to allow me to get that option back, however when I select it to boot, it fails to do so. I don't have win 7, I have home premium vista.

Let me correct myself, I never got rid of my XP partition. It is still installed on my drive F. However, I did get rid of the bootloader entry that enabled me to boot into it. I used vistapro to allow me to get that option back, however when I select it to boot, it fails to do so. I don't have win 7, I have home premium vista.
Ok..then in that case, copy over the NTLDR, NTDETECT.COM, and BOOT.INI files from your XP partition into the one marked as "system" in Disk Management (likely, your Vista partition). Then edit boot.ini in Notepad, in the rdisk() and partition() values, of both lines, to point at the correct partition. rdisk() stands for HDD (numbered starting at 0, and this value will depend on the HDD's position in the boot sequence in the BIOS, if you have more than one HDD), and partition() of course stands for the partition value (beginning at 1).

Then you will have your dualboot again.

EDIT: Or, if you have already done that, and its still failing to boot, adjust the XP boot entry to point at the "system" partition.

Last edited:
Back