Easy RE fails to load

PaulW

Got a strange one with my Dell Latitude 7350 failing to load EasyRE.
I have switched to legacy, switched off secure boot and changed the boot order.
The Fat32 formatted USB stick correctly boots the initial GNU GRUB three line menu and I choose Easy Recovery Essentials.
Then lots of lines of code flash by, including what appears to be attempts to locate the .uzip that is definitely on the USB stick (which consists of 200Mb of 232 files with 5 files and a folder in the top directory so that looks good).
Eventually it gives up and comes up with Boot Halted.
I can never reach the GUI menu to be able to choose automated repair.
I've tried creating another flash drive but has the same effect.
Anyone think of why it's not working ?!
Thanks

Further to above: I can confirm that the flash drive correctly boots another laptop into the ERE GUI menu so there's nothing seemingly wrong with the flash drive.
I can correctly boot on my laptop to a command prompt using a Windows recovery flash drive I created when I first bought the laptop.
So that means there's nothing wrong with the flash drive or the laptop booting seemingly leaving me with an incompatibility with the ERE on my particular laptop.

I have done several times - they so far just reply by pointing me at the default guides that are of no use eg how to check you're using legacy boot and have safe boot switched off.
Meanwhile I have now spent more hours trying to get this software to work than I had done before I bought it using bootrec, diskpart myself.

If they can't help you can ask for a refund as per the refund terms here: Refund Policy - NeoSmart Technologies
Meanwhile hopefully someone with experience might spot this and offer help.
All I know is that the EasyRE discs are not meant to replace a Microsoft system DVD. By law they can't offer that.

Yeah I'm hoping someone here has some idea as it's a really strange issue. I know my Windows Recovery flash drive works in my laptop and I know the EasyRE flash drive loads its menu in other laptops, so why not in mine especially as it's just a Dell Latitude - nothing special!
Thanks for the link to refund policy.

I've tried it both ways round.
The thing is i believe that's irrelevant - it's definitely booting off the flash drive (as I get to the initial ERE menu (where you can also choose ERE VGA or ERE safe mode) but it's when it's running through its code to get to the ERE main menu is where it fails...

It looks like you need a system disc rather that EasyRE but my knowledge on this is very limited so let's just hope someone else lends a hand.

Just to add (for anyone that is viewing these forums to work out if this product / company is legit or a scam!) that after a frustrating fortnight and with tech support not being amazingly fast or useful to my particular perculiar case, that I requested a refund last night and got it. So it's definitely worth giving the product a try..

Back