Easy Thread Linking

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Hi,

If you want to link to a thread (say, HnS or EBCD2 or intro threads), there's an easier way than memorizing and writing out the link.

[t h r e a d = 642]EasyBCD 2.0[/t h r e a d] will do just that.... Just wrap the "thread" bbtag around whatever text you want and put the thread id (usually visible in the url field) after the equal sign.

EasyBCD 2.0 is thread 642
Introduction thread is number 7
and HnS is 1341

Nope - been there for a long time now, but I realized I was the only one helping myself to it :smile:

Plus I wanted to encourage links to threads instead of just mentioning them :smile:

Hi,

If you want to link to a thread (say, HnS or EBCD2 or intro threads), there's an easier way than memorizing and writing out the link.

[t h r e a d = 642]EasyBCD 2.0[/t h r e a d] will do just that.... Just wrap the "thread" bbtag around whatever text you want and put the thread id (usually visible in the url field) after the equal sign.

EasyBCD 2.0 is thread 642
Introduction thread is number 7
and HnS is 1341

Cool. :smile: Let me test it...

EasyBCD 2.0
Introduction thread
HnS

-Coolname007

EDIT: AWESOME! It works (not that I was expecting it to not work!). :grinning:

Addendum:

Now let me try a post. :smile:

[post=1]First post in this thread[/post]

-Coolname007

EDIT: hmm...not working for some reason. I wrapped [post=1 and /post] around the above text with the other two brackets of course, but it didn't work. Says its an invalid link.

Last edited:
Post tags work differently. The board has a showpost.php, which handles querying for a single post on the board. You can find out the actual post number you need to provide with the post tags by clicking on the post number of the thread to open a new window with only that post and copying+pasting the number from the URL of that new Window or by looking at the link in your status bar when you hover over it.

The actual post number for the first post of this thread is 32516, so you would use [[post=32516...[/post]] without the first [ or last ] there.

[post=32516]This link should work.[/post]

Post tags work differently. The board has a showpost.php, which handles querying for a single post on the board. You can find out the actual post number you need to provide with the post tags by clicking on the post number of the thread to open a new window with only that post and copying+pasting the number from the URL of that new Window or by looking at the link in your status bar when you hover over it.

The actual post number for the first post of this thread is 32516, so you would use [[post=32516...[/post]] without the first [ or last ] there.

[post=32516]This link should work.[/post]

Ahh...I get it. :smile:
So it would be something like:

[post=32532]Justin's first post in this thread[/post]

?

-Coolname007

EDIT: NICE! :grinning: It works!

Last edited:
Back