EasyBCD 2.0 Beta

balgowlah

I'm having a problem with my system which has 2 partitions on which I've installed Windows 7.
I accidentally deleted the BCD entry for the 2nd partition and now can't boot into it.

I tried using EasyBCD 1.7.2 to create a new entry to this but it doesn't work & I'm assuming it's because that version doesn't support Win 7. Is that correct?

Anyway I now want to try the beta version but I don't know how to get hold of it.

I suspect that this is probably a trivial question but I really need help!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

I tried using EasyBCD 1.7.2 to create a new entry to this but it doesn't work & I'm assuming it's because that version doesn't support Win 7. Is that correct?
When you say "it doesn't work", what exactly do you mean by this? Booting Win 7 off of the same hard drive as, say, Vista would mean both OSes would be using a single bootmgr/bcd set (these files being in the "system" partition according to Disk Management). Therefore, if you were using the Vista versions, it might not boot with the Win 7 screen, but Win 7 should still boot (though there are times when it will give you a message saying the winload.exe is corrupted, because Vista's bootmgr apparently doesn't like the Win 7 version of winload.exe). Did it give you this message or did it say something else?

You will need to make sure the entry is pointed at the partition Win 7 is on.

Back