EasyBCD 2.2 - required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing

Grovder01

After install of Windows 7 (32 or 64, Ult, Entr, Pro, etc.) on Windows machine begins (past Start - before agree), the following alert appears and the installation stops:

A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now.

Note: If the Windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step.

Any help would be appreciated . . . GAR 5/10/2013 . . . grovder@yahoo.com

I used EasyBCD to create a multi-boot USB Drive with 2 ISOs -Windows 7 Ultimate & Enterprise, both 64 bit.

The event that I identified occurs when I attempt to use that USB in order to install either of the two OSs onto a 64 bit machine.

My goal is to create a multi-boot "swiss-army" type of USB that would empower me to install any operating system that I had preloaded and ISO onto the drive.

If I can accomplish this, I would purchase one or more commercial licenses to create more than one (1) USB because such a tool would be useful to me. . . jerry

You need to copy the contents of the ISO to the USB and set up the install as a WinPE entry, not an ISO entry.

Back