EasyBCD 2.3 boot options persist after uninstall

BeeJay

I have Win 8.1 and Win 10 in dual boot and wanted to add the Macrium Reflect 6.1 ISO to my other ISO boot options - Acronis 2014, Partition Wizard and Puppy Linux. Needless to say I was a bit nonplussed when choosing Reflect actually booted Acronis. I tried removing Reflect from the menu and setting it up again, and same with Acronis, but no change. Eventually I even fully uninstalled EasyBCD but the EasyBCD boot menu still appears. At least this still gives me the choice of 8.1 or 10 and Acronis etc but how do I get EasyBCD completely removed so I can set it up again from scratch?

Prior to this odd behaviour I've had no issues at all with EasyBCD - just magic.

It appears that 2.3 just isn't able to boot certain ISOs in this system, including Macrium Reflect 6.1 and this may be due to dual booting 8.1 and 10. When I was dual booting Win 7 and 8.1, and had EasyBCD v2.2 I had no issues booting a variety of bootable ISOs.

EasyBCD is separate from the boot-time menu, uninstall EasyBCD definitely does not remove the latter or else you'd never be able to boot anything.
EasyBCD makes a backup of your BCD the first time you run it, you can restore it with EasyBCD as well to undo all changes. It's saved to the My Documents folder by default.

Back